Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0875  (Read 449 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0875
« on: January 31, 2015, 05:24:07 PM »
Robservations #875

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0875

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 10:24:46 AM »
Thayer VO.  Beth goes to Tim, after learning the truth about Selbtofi.  She must not really know who new Barnabas is, or she'd have gone to him for help.  They now have started bringing all the characters back for one last time, to "finish them off", one way or another.  Poor Beth. 

ThayerQ starts the reverse bodyswap on mind power alone.  The Ring was crucial, I thought.  Was Thayer even Petofi's first body?  Barnabas guards the door.

Tim betrays Beth, and fetches Selbtofi.  Beth is in affecting torment, well acted.  Tim should not host "This Is Your Life". 

Widow's Hill.  Oh no.  The bodies are reversed there, with Quentin now having no idea why he's at Widow's Hill, and no idea he's backing Beth toward the cliff, then guesses she now gets that he was Petofi, but doesn't stop advancing.  Beth looks around at a view of the rocks she can't possibly have from her angle... end.  [spoiler]At this point, as a wise but forgetful viewer, I would guess that Beth survives at the cliff, since the twist after a cliffhanger is usually the opposite of what we think we're seeing.  They really do have to have a good guy die, though, as part of the sweep of end-of-storyline deaths.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 03:36:59 PM »
Was Thayer even Petofi's first body?

*shiver*  What an awful--and entirely plausible thought!

Wonderful performance by Terry Crawford.

Once again Tim thinks he'll get something from Petofi for betraying Beth. I don't remember if he does--let's hope he doesn't.

Petofi's former magic TV cabinet is now just an ordinary cabinet full of books and papers.

Quentin--the real Quentin--succeeds in re-switching bodies, but too late for Beth. Another hard lesson for Quentin, I'm afraid.