Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0659  (Read 975 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0659
« on: October 23, 2008, 06:31:51 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0659
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 11:57:26 AM »
The impact of the spontaneously hanging Vicky in the picture of Barnabas and Carolyn was considerably lessened by the fact that this Vicky was a new model, not yet seen by the viewers.  It would help if we could have previously seen another picture of Vicky III.  Maybe Carolyn could have been sighing over a photoshopped (60's style) picture of Vicky III with Elizabeth.

Before the photograph was developed, had Quentin decided to give up and let the kids go to Boston?  Amy didn't seem at all heartbroken over the thought.  She is such a strange child.

I think this was to have been Barnabas's first look at 20th century Boston.  He wouldn't have recognized the place!  It's not just that the buildings have changed, but also more than a thousand acres of land have been filled in since the 1700s - some of it from the hills right in the middle of Boston.  Imagine going to San Francisco and discovering that the bay had been filled in with land taken from Telegraph Hill.

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 04:02:14 AM »
Why didn't David recoginzed Vicki right away? I think David would have.

I am looking forward to Vickie III.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 09:02:25 AM »
A blooper happened in this episode. David's darkroom should have been dark! The photos would have been ruined in a room that was filled with so much light. [signerror]

It was very ironic that David and Amy told Harry the truth about Quentin and the phone, but Harry didn't believe them! I had a good chuckle at that. [hall_wink]

I guess Quentin had given up on trying to get David and Amy to stay at Collinwood. It's pretty clear to me that, somehow, Vicki was able to put her image in the photo. I'm not surprised that David didn't recognize Vicki in the photo, because it was very "ghostly" and blurry.  [8_1_1]

No, wait! I just changed my mind! I just realized that maybe Quentin did not give up on getting the kids to stay. I think Quentin knew that Vicki would make her image appear in the photo. Quentin instructed David to take that picture of Barnabas and Carolyn, knowing what would happen. [ideag]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 04:03:40 PM »
David's darkroom should have been dark!
They did make an effort to convey the idea of darkness: there was a blanket hung over one of the windows.  It looked to me as though it was from Amy's bed.