Author Topic: Episode #0235  (Read 2444 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Episode #0235
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 10:29:37 PM »
Considering what the wigs on the cover look like, any kids who didn't get to play with that game were probably the lucky ones. Well, unless they were budding drag queens or '60s country singers. Though even if they weren't, that game might have made them so.  ;D
It wasn't a game MB - they were just play "wigs".  Of course, I would have preferred real hair (and few years down the line I did score a fall which I thought looked like Maggie's hair) but, my sister and I got a kick out of this set when we were little kids.  We use to laugh ourselves silly when we put them on.

And we make fun of some of the wigs/hairstyles on DS?!
In some ways those were some of the styles on DS...well, the early ones anyway. Those pompadore dos kind of remind me of "Hairspray" now...just as the world was turning to the long, straight ironed look.

“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 01:13:32 AM »
We use to laugh ourselves silly when we put them on.

I believe it. How would you have been able to stop yourselves?  :D

In some ways those were some of the styles on DS...well, the early ones anyway.

The brunette and the blonde ones resemble something Liz was seen wearing a few times. I seem to recall that Joan Bennett hated both hairstyles, which probably explains why Liz' look changed soon afterward.  [wink2]

If only Hee Haw had been on in '67 - then Maggie and Vicki could have played that with the wigs - and Vciki could have said that she'd let Maggie be Dolly Parton.  ;D

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 02:54:50 AM »
Be the Mary
Fade Away and Radiate