Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1018  (Read 1310 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1018
« on: June 09, 2010, 10:59:31 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1018
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 12:40:42 AM »
Regarding Cyrus's medical opinions concerning Quentin....  You can't prove with medical tests that absolutely nothing is physically wrong with someone.   Tests only test for specific problems.   If a doctor doesn't think of the correct test to do, he/she can completely miss the source of the problem.   Also, we haven't already invented all possible medical tests yet, so the right test may not yet exist.   Doctors though often dismiss conditions just because the test they decided to do didn't reveal the cause of symptoms.   This has an enormous bearing on my life, and that's why I'm making a point of saying this.

It looks as if that's all I've got for #1018.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 07:50:58 AM »
I think that we see now why Cyrus, was intrigued Angelique.  When I think of the doll with the pins. Did Hoffman, and all of Angelique's things stored for when she came back.

Cyrus is true didn't have all the test they do now. I wonder where the tread millB was, I wonder what he would have thought of all the advancements in science. There was no EKG results.

Barnabas, knows how to be the good guy, even when he is the bad guy, and doesn't have good intentions.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 06:32:20 PM »
Gosh, what a happy camper Hoffman is, now that Angelique is back!

When I think of the doll with the pins. Did Hoffman, and all of Angelique's things stored for when she came back.
Back before Barnabas made it into parallel time, Hoffman was about ready to kill PT Liz when Liz wanted to dispose of Angelique's clothes. As for the doll, I'm wondering if Hoffman made use of it in ways that had nothing to do with voodoo.

What interested me about the hospital tests was that there was no damage left over from that pin - no bleeding or anything.  I guess that's how voodoo is supposed to work.  Funny how I'll swallow other things on Dark Shadows hook, line, and sinker, but this one sticks in my throat.

I'd like to know more about what Cyrus was doing in Africa, when he saw a man die via witchcraft.  And was he wearing his three-piece suit as he watched the man die?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 09:15:17 PM »
As for the doll, I'm wondering if Hoffman made use of it in ways that had nothing to do with voodoo.

Ha!

What interested me about the hospital tests was that there was no damage left over from that pin - no bleeding or anything.  I guess that's how voodoo is supposed to work.

Yes, the pin only represents the pain that's imposed on the body (and by DS rules, inflicting the pain deep into the heart can cause a fatal heart attack, even in a child).  No trace of the pin is left behind, just as the mysterious strangulation of PT Bruno in #987 didn't leave marks on his throat.  Of course, DS gives the impression that the only purpose for sticking pins in a doll is to cause pain, whereas practitioners of Voodoo would more likely use them to draw pain away, as in healing.

Cyrus is true didn't have all the test they do now. I wonder where the tread millB was, I wonder what he would have thought of all the advancements in science. There was no EKG results.

Since those tests were available then, maybe they were done on Q?  The EKG at least.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 03:40:59 PM »
I'd like to know more about what Cyrus was doing in Africa, when he saw a man die via witchcraft.

Indeed. He certainly is a man of the world for one so young.

But I must say of all things happening in this episode, the one thing that really bugs me is Quentin's monogramed hanky. He is outfitted in hip, mod colors of the period and what color is his hanky? A drab gray. This one really takes the cake, folks.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 06:37:48 PM »
Is it just me, or does Hoffman look like she's channeling Elsa Lanchester in this capture:

(Maybe Grayson learned how to impersonate her while they were both working on That Darn Cat.  [ghost_grin])

And as for the tests - never forget that this is PT, so we have no idea what type of tests are available there or what doctors can and cannot discern.  [ghost_wink]  (Well, unless they tell us.) So, it's not necessarily true that anything in PT shares the limitations of RT. (Or even the advances...)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 06:24:15 AM »
5/20/70

Nice fade in!  Saved by Hoffman of all people!  Grayson just plays Hoffman to the hilt—evil, demure, and with an evenness to her voice.  It's quite effective.  What a fabulous talent Grayson was.  I know that is probably like my 1000Th  time saying that but it's oh so true.

Lord that shirt Maggie has on is horrid!  Barnabas sure can lay the charm on thick!!

Hoffman is such a smart ass—I love it! 

“Did Quentin really love Josette??” “I think he loved Angelique!” That was a blooper for sure with a good save by KLS!”

“Whatever you say Mr. Collins” Hoffman  says in her true smart alec form.  HEH

I like the background shot of the phone and flower for the credits!

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/