Author Topic: Notification of Removal!! SORRY!!!!  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Notification of Removal!! SORRY!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2002, 04:31:33 AM »
Didn't I say I was a Computerdunce?

If Ben hadn't mentioned having a Yahoo address for this forum, I never would have gone there to look for my message.  Sure enough, there it was.

I'm STILL glad I never saw it in the first place.... I would have missed you all terribly..... ::)

Raineypark, who doesn't handle rejection well at all.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Shadowlady

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2002, 05:48:20 AM »
Man o man, am I relieved. My eyes did this :o when I saw that note.  I thought I must have been bad, but then I rememered I hadn't posted to this site at all since we moved :-X.  At least now I know I'm in like Flynn since I DID get the email ;D.

No more  :'( for me.  Sunny days are here to stay 8)

:DShadowlady

PS: Now that we have thes cute little emoticons, I may come here and play more often. ;)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2002, 10:10:20 AM »
Don't feel bad Raineypark, I made the same mistake as you did!!  ;D Im so used to using my aol account, that I hardly ever check my Yahoo. If it wasn't for Ben's reminder, I would have probably never realized it. :o  Sure enough, I received the removal message as well. It's just as well I didn't check the Yahoo first, I would have been so upset wondering, :'( now what did I do wrong?lol!!
"Calamity Jane"

Offline shadows1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2002, 10:50:12 AM »
Whew!  I couldn't possibly fathom what it was that I had written to deserve banishment.  It then occurred to me that - duh! - I hadn't posted anything lately.  Glad I decided to check the board to see whazzup.  I'm happy to still be considered a member - and that I haven't offended anyone.  

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2002, 02:42:21 PM »
I didn't receive any such notice and I must say, I'm hurt.  Here I am, Robservations columnist, and I'm not summarily rejected!

WELL!!!!

I will go sulk in a corner now, brandishing my lace panties, cat 'o' nine tails and bruised ego!

Hurt beyond belief,

Love, Robin

Offline AllenCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2002, 03:19:08 PM »
Isnt it funny how we all quickly do an inventory of behavoir when something like this happens? Its seems at times our tendency is to want to be bad, (Quentin would be proud).

To anyone who did get the message and took it seriously/personally, this is a light comment DONT TAKE THIS RESPONSE SERIOUSLY.

B
Do you ever feel like lifes a tuxedo and your the pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline abbeymarch

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2002, 04:39:35 PM »
Ok, am I the only one who REALLY didn't get that e-mail? :'(
I'm feeling a bit left out. I know I'm a member. My name is first on the list and I have a little blue line that says I have 6 posts.
I have a stars!!
What did do wrong????? ?!?
abbeymarch

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2002, 08:12:15 PM »
Yea. . i thought my humor had finally stepped over the line.  But Midnite was there, sweet as ever, assuring me I did no wrong. .well, this time.  

Midnite. .is this the avatar you meant?  I tried 2 others. . .can you see the hypo.  Such a classic image of our dear Dr. Julia. . got a problem, here let me medicate it!
Julia99

Offline AllenCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2002, 08:39:13 PM »
Julia,
Cool Avatar. Isnt that pict from the episode when SPOILER...

When Barnabas and Julia are preparing to kill Eve? Great conspiring as always.

B
Do you ever feel like lifes a tuxedo and your the pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2002, 09:01:49 PM »
Well, since everyone added their 2 cents worth here, I may as well add mine! I received my message in my Hotmail account that I had to get for this forum since I am on AOL (Always On Lunchbreak). A friend of mine got the message a couple of days ago and told me about it, but I figured maybe she got deleted because she never comes here anyway, never logs in. Today, I came here and read all this. Had I not known anything, I would have just assumed it was a mistake, and e-mailed Midnite. I'm too quiet to offend anyone, and since Mr. Slocum is on my posts, and I use his name, I will try to be as prim and proper as can be!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2002, 02:39:01 AM »
J99, yes, that's the one!!!

What did do wrong????? ?!?
abbeymarch

Absolutely nothing, abbeymarch.  We've found that some email servers block the messages that are automatically generated from dsboards, and as I recall your password didn't reach you either.  This is why we requested and appreciate the responses from members that didn't receive the notification.

Craig_Slocum's
A friend of mine got the message a couple of days ago and told me about it, but I figured maybe she got deleted because she never comes here anyway, never logs in.

CS, your friend is welcome to email me so that we can clear up what happened.  All registrations are welcome, and we honestly would never delete anyone for not posting.  It could be that your friend registered using aol, but she would've received an explanation (using my Telis account to insure it would get through) and invitation to re-register under the subject heading "Your aol registration on dsboards".

Again, I want to assure everyone that all registrations are welcome regardless of how often a member chooses to post, even if it's not at all, and I'll always communicate with a member as best I can if I feel they've violated any board rules and I'll also give warnings, whenever possible, before any other action is taken.  Banning from the forums is reserved for visitors that have made it apparent that they're here for no other reason than to cause problems for the rest of us, and I have never blocked a regular poster nor have I ever received any protest from a visitor that has been kicked off the forums, and I have to assume it's because they know exactly why it happened-- because they were here for no other reason than to troll.

Offline elle

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2002, 06:23:08 PM »
I thought the true purpose of the "Notification Of Removal" email was to pull lurking members/non-posters out of the shadows!!

Yikes! Guess it worked for me  ;D

elle

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2002, 06:59:45 PM »
Hey, if it can do that, elle, maybe I should "accidentally" remove everyone every month or so. [lghy]

Offline shadows1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2002, 07:15:30 PM »
It sure worked for me, Midnite.  I, too, was a "lurker."  Too shy to write any of my thoughts.  I look forward to reading the postings with all the different and always entertaining observations before I watch the episodes.  This gives me a heads-up for some of the mentioned observations - that I would have probably missed.  

P.S.  I now have a star by my name!  Yeah!!