Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0888  (Read 2829 times)

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0888
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2015, 03:19:48 PM »
Joey, there's one more! As Dom said, one of the immune ones is especially awesome, whose strength and resistance hark back to the early days of the show.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2015, 04:13:03 PM »
[spoiler]Maggie? Or Liz not being able to kill Julia?[/spoiler]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2015, 08:09:37 PM »
[spoiler]Right the first time--it's Maggie.[/spoiler]

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2015, 08:28:44 PM »
[spoiler]Amy is taken over, though I think it was basically to shut her up about what she had seen. It is rather odd that they never tried to convert Carolyn, considering that they expected her to spawn. And maybe their grandiose plans caused the Leviathans to bypass Chris and Willie. It does seem that there is a definite pecking order in the Leviathans. There are those who are taken over (Elizabeth, the Todd's, David and Amy) and those who made sort of deal and are there by their own choice (Bruno, Sky, Nell Gunston) [/spoiler]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2015, 04:46:04 PM »
[spoiler]David being taken was a mistake with it being so soon after being possessed by Quentin and lasting almost a year![/spoiler]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2015, 01:09:53 PM »
The Leviathan selection process is kind of like the dream curse. Some people are chosen, some are not. The Paul Stoddard situation seems to be unique. He is obligated to them but retains enough free will to be aware of what they're really up to. It doesn't seem that he was taken over the way the others were. And you have to wonder why they didn't make him more subservient. Making him pod Paul would have things easier for them.

Megan & Philip are great characters, the first link to the world outside the estate since Joe went crazy and Maggie left the diner. It would have been nice to have kept them around.

I like the Todds as well. and you're right about the "outside world". starting in 1967 and for a long time afterwards the scope of the story becomes extremely myopic with most of the action taking place on or near the Collinwood estate. this storyline reintroduces the sense of Collinsport the town for the first time since 1966. the antique shop is a great set...

[spoiler]and it's interesting to be reminded that for a character/actor who has subsequently become so strongly associated with the series Quentin/David Selby's appearance in 1970 must have at first been a "surprise" to viewers at the time.[/spoiler]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2015, 05:40:38 PM »
I always loved the antique shop! I wish I could have snagged a few of those props....

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2015, 07:01:08 PM »
it was always fun trying to spot important props from previous storylines displayed as "merchandise" at the shop.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2015, 07:31:48 AM »
I think the Todds are the coolest.  How sad that they they were only allowed to be happy and hopeful for mere moments.

[spoiler] Carolyn has never seen a picture of her father, I guess.[/spoiler]
Nope.  She says at some point that she wasn't allowed to.

it was always fun trying to spot important props from previous storylines displayed as "merchandise" at the shop.
Great fun!

Carolyn's reaction to Julia's purchase was priceless.