Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1174_1175  (Read 916 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1174_1175
« on: March 18, 2011, 12:18:06 AM »
Robservations #1174_1175

And remember:
Friday, March 18: No Episode, originally Friday, December 25, 1970 was Christmas

[8_2_73]   [8_2_77]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1174_1175
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 05:33:19 AM »
When Leticia said to Gerard, "We used to know each other so well," I suddenly got caught up in chronology.  On Friday, in episode 1170, Gerard mentioned to Quentin their years at sea together, which, as Janet the Wicked noted, didn't quite fit with what we had heard before.  I guess Gerard was good friends with Leticia for a while, and then went haring off on a new get-rich-quick scheme and meet Quentin, and then when he decided Leticia could once again be useful to him, he whistled and she came running.  Nice performance by Nancy Barrett today, by the way.

Will Julia be called to the stand to testify about the Head?  I'd love to see her lock horns with Charles Dawson, recalling some of the better days of 1968, but no doubt she'd get herself tossed into the clink as well.

We've got Judge Bobblehead - that's Judge Vail - and now we've got Judge Mustache - that's the guy who sat on Judge Bobblehead's right today, who looks a great deal like the Mr. Mustache picture hanging in the courtroom.  (Which reminds me, I've been very lazy about updating the Prop Project topic.)  But what do we call the third judge?  I'm not seeing any distinctive features on him so far.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 09:49:22 PM »
Poor Leticia! Poor Desmond! Things have gone from bad to disastrous!

My one consolation is to imagine how crushed Trask must be that he isn't going to testify after all.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 10:03:05 PM »
Gerudah to Sam: "Ghosts don't knock, dear."  Good one.

I note that they really did drop "I Want To Dance With You" when we saw the real Leticia in 1840, to their credit.   

That appears to be all I have to say.   I did notice the moustache judge.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 11:58:45 PM »
I find myself wondering that these judges believe in this stuff. Desmond finds the head in Asia and brings it home to Quentin as a curio. The head’s eyes open and possesses first Desmond, and then Leticia. Where is the proof if the head had been destroyed? Anybody could have written future passages in Judah’s journal. I want proof, dammit!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 05:02:52 PM »
Hey guys! AT this point I am so behind that I have decided to start up when Parallel Time starts appearing. Would one of you be gracious enough to let me know just in case I forget to check.  I would appreciate it very much. I miss you all most of all and I miss the WP. With the zine on the horizon there is no way for me to catch up right now.  I liked 1841 PT a lot more this time around so I would like to review it with you guys! :)

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 09:33:38 PM »
Interesting that Gerard and Dawson both say that Leticia must be dealt with, yet it's Desmond who winds up in the frying pan. I suppose that both men ultimately decided that, as much of a pain Leticia was and could be a lot more down the line, Desmond was the one who needed to be put out of the way since he was doing a great job of defending Quentin.

I do think that Desmond probably could have gotten Quentin acquitted, if only he hadn't been implicated himself.