Author Topic: Only On A Show Like DS!  (Read 3235 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Only On A Show Like DS!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 02:56:06 PM »
Found another one:

[spoiler]Julia and Willie have discovered Barnabas dead in the Old House Drawing Room after having the Dream and being attacked by a bat.  Julia says, "He had to die before he could be the living dead!"[/spoiler]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 08:45:37 PM »
Now I remember... THIS is the thread I needed to avoid because of all the 1968 spoilers....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 07:40:47 AM »
Yay!  I've got one!!!!  This is in the Leviathan story when the "powers that be" get disrupted.  Bruno complains to Nicholas, "All of our dead are turning into skeletons!!!"  lol!

Also the ghost of Peter Bradford tells Jeb, "There's only one way to kill you, and that's drowning!  I did it before and I'll do it again."  Or something similair.  You HAVE to go, "Peter, Peter, Peter...he obviously didn't STAY dead, did he?"

Judy [angl]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 09:02:32 PM »
Yay!  I've got one!!!!  This is in the Leviathan story when the "powers that be" get disrupted.  Bruno complains to Nicholas, "All of our dead are turning into skeletons!!!"  lol!

::laughing:: I can't wait to get that DVD boxset because I am SO gonna record that bit of audio.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 08:46:11 PM »
I found another example that I haven't had a chance to post about until now:

At the end of Ep #998 and repeated at the beginning of Ep #999, after Alexis tells Bruno for the umpteenth time to leave her alone, his response is:

"Oh, no! Not until I prove what you really are - a living dead person!"
To her credit, at least Alexis has the good sense to ask Bruno how he could possibly prove such a thing. Though perhaps she shouldn't have because his answer is to try to [spoiler]strangle her because, well, if she's already dead, she can't die again.[/spoiler]But then, PT Bruno, much like his RT counterpart, was never exactly subtle, now was he?  [b003]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 02:34:41 PM »
Okay, I *sorta* have another one.  This didn't actually happen 'on the show', but it is rather exclusive to a show like Dark Shadows.  When Marie Wallace was playing Megan during Leviathan and [spoiler]had been turned into a vampire by Barnabas[/spoiler] her agent called and told her Another World was interested in hiring her and was SHE interested in the job.  She replied [spoiler]"You know, I think they're putting a stake in my heart in a couple days.  I think I am interested!"[/spoiler]

Only on DS!   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 12:55:59 AM »
I came across another example in Ep #250 today:

Remarking on Willie's handiwork at making "Josette's" coffin, Barnabas waxes rhapsodically:

"Magnificent! When she sees it, my bride will find it quite, quite beautiful. She will recognize it as the object of great longing. And she will weep with joy at having found it at last."
Um, yes - of course she will.  ::)  After all, what young lady-vampire's fondest wish isn't to have a beautiful coffin and to search for one with great longing?  :D  Yup, I'm sure that's all they think about - just like some drivers yearn to own a Mercedes or BMW!  ;D

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 01:10:39 AM »
I came across another example in Ep #250 today:

Remarking on Willie's handiwork at making "Josette's" coffin, Barnabas waxes rhapsodically:

"Magnificent! When she sees it, my bride will find it quite, quite beautiful. She will recognize it as the object of great longing. And she will weep with joy at having found it at last."
Um, yes - of course she will.  ::)  After all, what young lady-vampire's fondest wish isn't to have a beautiful coffin and to search for one with great longing?  :D  Yup, I'm sure that's all they think about - just like some drivers yearn to own a Mercedes or BMW!  ;D

LOL MB!  Hey, Selby D. Pearson is here visiting me and he laughed at this as well and added that "Josette will be the envy of all the undead and that they will have 'coffin envy'!"  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 01:22:10 AM »
Hey, Selby D. Pearson is here visiting me and he laughed at this as well and added that "Josette will be the envy of all the undead and that they will have 'coffin envy'!"  ;)

[lghy]

Hi, Hon!   :-*