Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0327  (Read 1305 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0327
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:11:24 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0327
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 12:56:25 AM »
This was a great show. Everyone is starting to understand that Julia has feelings for Barnabas and she is more envoled than she should be. No one  has come to the idea that Julia might have hypnotized Maggie to forget what happened.  Now if Vickie was smart she would think this.  She has seen the necklace before when she was at the Evans cottage and Julia had brought it out.

Vickie and Liz still don't really understand what is going on with David just that he is really upset. It would seem like they would want to find out more, and ask him more questions.  If David has the ability to pick up on things then they should know that already and believe him. He is really freeked out and afraid and it is not just a bad dream.

Vickie goes hot and cold and what she will believe and what she will not. Maybe it is just the writers trying to make it have more suspense.  ::)
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 01:29:57 AM »
No one  has come to the idea that Julia might have hypnotized Maggie to forget what happened.  Now if Vickie was smart she would think this.  She has seen the necklace before when she was at the Evans cottage and Julia had brought it out.
Vicky's doesn't know that Miss Hoffman is Dr. Hoffman, so she doesn't see any connection between Maggie and Julia.

Suddenly Sarah seems much more grown-up than she has in previous episodes - giving orders to David.

I didn't think of much of Vicky when David persuaded her to let him go out for an hour.  I remember how Jason was able to manipulate her in their last conversation together by suggesting he had information that would interest her, and here David was doing the same thing.  And then she didn't confirm the time with him, and and she didn't make sure he had a watch on.

Later, though, I was impressed with Vicky when she manoeuvred Burke into investigating Sarah by pointing out to him that investigations were what he's supposed to be good at.

I just loved the way Burke was the one who unwittingly obstructed David's pursuit of the awful truth about Barnabas.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 09:05:03 AM »
Julia sure isn't very subtle about Barnabas.  Everyone seems to be figuring out that she's interested in him! [winkg] It's too bad Barnabas never reciprocated her feelings. [bawl]
That's great that David can see things in his crystal ball! [cheer]  Too bad the adults don't always believe him.

I agree that Vicki was smart to point out to Burke that investigations were what he was good at! [banana]

That was a spooky scene at the end, when Sarah appeared and disappeared in David's room.  [shkdg]  That was the first time she disappeared in front of somebody. [thumb]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 02:50:37 AM »
It seems to me that the people at Collinwood are always re-inventing the wheel when it comes to accepting the existence of the supernatural.  After all the weird and inexplicable things that have happened thus far - the ghost of Josette helping to rescue Vicky, the phoenix going up in a burst of flames etc. - everytime someone even remotely hints at the possibility of a supernatural explanation for something, the characters' first reaction seems to be to pooh-pooh it as if the option were somehow unthinkable.

At least, in this episode, Vicky doesn't have that instinctive reaction.

It's been awhile since I've seen these episodes and I'd forgotten just how close the perpetually in-the-dark characters get to the truth about Barnabas.  I mean David's dream was pretty darn explicit, and it's a bit disconcerting to hear Burke and Vicky discussing Barnabas' rising from a coffin.  Even if they just dismiss it as the rants of a dreaming little boy, the fact is that that image has at least been planted in their minds.  Interesting.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 04:19:01 PM »
it's a bit disconcerting to hear Burke and Vicky discussing Barnabas' rising from a coffin.  Even if they just dismiss it as the rants of a dreaming little boy, the fact is that that image has at least been planted in their minds.  Interesting.

And one has to believe that in at least Burke's case he would have become even more suspicious of Barnabas to the point of eventually putting everything together - which is likely why the writers felt they had to take him out of the picture.