Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0999  (Read 3382 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0999
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:53:06 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0999
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 01:02:39 AM »
My middle name is the same as the middle name of a great grandfather of mine, who died several years before I was born.  I remember once when I was signing a legal document with my full name, my mother commented that the way I wrote my middle name was the same as the way my great grandfather wrote it.  So I find it not at all surprising that Alexis and Angelique would both write their A's the same way.  Gosh, Quentin chooses a flimsy matter to kindle his suspicions.

Why did Alexis want to meet Hannah in the gazebo?  She didn't like Hannah, and Hannah didn't like her.  I think it must have had something to do with Bruno.

Cyrus was promoting John Yaeger's exuberance when he was talking with Buffie, suggesting that what Sabrina sees as lovable gentleness in Cyrus, Cyrus sees as vapid colorlessness in himself.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 04:51:08 AM »

4/23/70

I am so behind so I think that I will start with the latest ep.  I have missed the WP but a lot has been going on.   On to the review!

Bruno's drag today is amusing:  a green shirt with a purple coat! WTF??  However I do like Buffie’s purple patent leather outfit.   
I have to admit that I don't really have much to add to this episode WP.  I don't blame Q though for having a drink before opening the tomb as I would have!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 10:38:47 PM »
The screen captures have finally been added to the Robservations for this ep.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 11:15:55 PM »
My middle name is the same as the middle name of a great grandfather of mine, who died several years before I was born.  I remember once when I was signing a legal document with my full name, my mother commented that the way I wrote my middle name was the same as the way my great grandfather wrote it.  So I find it not at all surprising that Alexis and Angelique would both write their A's the same way.  Gosh, Quentin chooses a flimsy matter to kindle his suspicions.

Interesting, thanks for that, Lydia.   My impression is that Angelexis both had their casual personal notes engraved or typeset at the same place....   The discussion of A's made me think of Ben Stokes and the "A" he was able to write.

Aren't Ang's elbows and lower arms sort of strange and awkward looking, in her portrait?   Maybe her elbows are too far down?   I guess I'm subjecting others' portraits to the same scrutiny as my attempts.  

Was it an acting choice of E Eis's to dump out her purse's contents, or couldn't she get the check out fast enough otherwise, I wonder...?   As Buffie points out, Cyrus admires Yaeger and wants to be him, and always did I think.   Talking about Yaeger excites Cyrus.   Yaeger "lives life to the full".   That's a basic if hidden yearning we all have, and deny it or repress it, and it can make us do all sorts of elaborate, extreme things, sometimes against our own wills and better judgment.   

Guy sitting in lower left of screen during closing credits chewing....  Later someone notices, and tightens the shot and gets him the hell out of there.   What a spot to pick to take your break!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 03:40:20 AM »
Maybe Buffy doesn't think much of herself. Maybe there is a small hope that
Yeager can help her move up and out of where she is right now. She also seems
reckless that she flirts with Cyrus also. (She doesn't realize who she is talking to)

Quentin is starting to believe that Alexis might be Angelique. He seams like a very
stuburn man. I wish he would just go get Maggie and that they make up.

I am getting tired about the start, of every notice that Barnabas is chained in his coffin.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 06:12:18 AM »
I want to know where Cyrus is getting all this money.

I wish Luciaphil were here. I am curious to know what Buffy's coat is made of. I had a hat made of the same material that I wore passionately in 1973.

Cyrus: "I don't have much opportunity for levity." Believe me. It shows, brother. And you're getting yourself in pretty deep here.

I'm thrilled that Quentin is finally seeing the light.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 06:15:31 AM »
Guy sitting in lower left of screen during closing credits chewing....  Later someone notices, and tightens the shot and gets him the hell out of there.   What a spot to pick to take your break!

OMG! That's hilarious! What do you suppose he's eating? It's pretty chewy. Maybe a pastrami sandwich or corned beef? Priceless.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 06:44:49 AM »
Aren't Ang's elbows and lower arms sort of strange and awkward looking, in her portrait?   Maybe her elbows are too far down?   I guess I'm subjecting others' portraits to the same scrutiny as my attempts.

Well, her right forearm does seem somewhat extended. But if you look closely at Lara Parker, she does have seemingly long arms. I honestly can't find too much wrong with the painting, other than that stupid lamp. I think the artist, whoever he or she may be, did a real nice job.
I've heard that Ms. Parker has a portrait from the show. Don't know if this is the one, but I think it's great.
I haven't yet tackled a drawing of Ms. Parker. But it's on my list of one of the most beautiful people to put pencil to paper. Those eyes!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 10:35:54 AM »
I will have to scan the artwork a person who was called SHERLOCK in fandom did for my zine THE LARA ZINE. The artwork was dot and it was on of the most beautifu drawings I have seen in fandom! I may have to scan that in just a few minutes!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 04:23:38 PM »
Well, her right forearm does seem somewhat extended. But if you look closely at Lara Parker, she does have seemingly long arms. I honestly can't find too much wrong with the painting, other than that stupid lamp. I think the artist, whoever he or she may be, did a real nice job.
I've heard that Ms. Parker has a portrait from the show. Don't know if this is the one, but I think it's great.

Assuming that the PT portrait is the same one that used to hang in her mother's house, LP has said that it was painted directly over a nearly life-size photograph of her.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 07:51:12 PM »
Assuming that the PT portrait is the same one that used to hang in her mother's house, LP has said that it was painted directly over a nearly life-size photograph of her.

Oh no, they cheated... well, no time to come to grips with the form in the usual way I guess.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 06:02:36 AM »

I found a photo of LP posing in front of the one that was hanging in her mother's house, and although she described it in that interview by saying "it was not the painting that was used in the movie. It was the painting that was used towards the end of the show," she's actually wearing the red dress that her character wore in NoDS.  Confusing much?

Anyway, there are photos of her posing for the Parallel Time portrait (next to that lamp you so love, Janet the Wicked), and the portraits of the two Angelique Collinses are very similar, so I believe that the PT portrait was similarly painted over a photograph.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 06:53:35 AM »
I would love to see the pics of her posing for the portrait.  Where did you see them M? 

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 08:19:38 AM »
There's one in the 2000 Almanac.  [ghost_wub]