Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0300  (Read 985 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0300
« on: May 18, 2007, 06:12:54 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0300
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 07:54:21 PM »
I don't like Barnabas now, and how he is behaving.  If he doesn't get what he wants, he will kill or distroy. What does he think will happen to Vickie when Burke dies. That she will just fall into Barnabas' arms. I don't think there is much chance in that, as buying the Brooklyn Bridge.  In some ways this aspect of Barnabas gets real old after a while. I see why they had to make him nicer as time went on I don't think that people would have put up with it.

Julia is just setting herself up to fail in many ways. I wonder if she would have gotten more if she learned to get onto Barnabas's good side. Maybe she should read some of the Books in his library. (He wants to keep giving them away to Vickie.)  How about dressing better to intrigue. you know that little number she had on in 290. Her clothes make her look frumpy. She needs to show her softer side. 
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 09:52:28 PM »
She needs to show her softer side. 
But at this point Julia doesn't have a softer side to show!

Great scene with Barnabas and Julia, however.  Barnabas trusts Julia as much as Julia trusts Barnabas, and he also distrusts her as much as she distrusts him.  It's sort of heartwarming to see them at an equilibrium.  I wonder what these scenes would be like if Julia had been Julian.  Would they have been written in the same way?  No, they couldn't have been, because I can't see Vicky asking a stray male for his opinion of a dream.

Kissing scenes between Burke and Vicky two days in a row.  There ought to be a law against it.  Poor Willie, first he had to watch it, and then he had to report it to Barnabas.  I don't know which experience would have been more unpleasant.

Liz is all smiles these days.  Joan Bennett must feel as though her face is about to split open, but it's nice to see Liz so happy.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 06:20:11 AM »
Wasn't there ever any gentle kissing on this show? People kissed like they were smashing their faces together or trying to suck the other's face off. I guess they played it off that way to see more passionate, but it just looks painfully sloppy to me.

Anyhow! Vicki is extremely niave about Barnabas isn't she? Perhaps as she sees him as a friend only she cannot fathom that his feelings might run much deeper for her.

Interesting contrasts in his pursuits of Maggie and Vicki. Maggie he was willing to torture, break and/or kill in order to make her Josette. Vicki he chases after in a much gentler way. What is the difference between the two? His version of Maggie/Josette was extremely subsurvient to his desires. I realize his backstory wasn't really thought out at the time, but perhaps this was some sort of latent rage on his behalf of Josette's part in his downfall? Perhaps to punish her for defying him and leaping to freedom and death?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 07:46:39 PM »
I think a big reason why Barnabas is pursuing Vicki a different way than he did Maggie is because it didn't work before, and he's trying a different approach.  Since he is taking this in a more "human" way, he has time to really care for Vicki.  [luv]

That urks me, too - the fact that Vicki thinks her search for her identity is over!  Mrs. Burke Devlin?  Gag me with a stick!  [smash] I really wish they would have completed this "Who is Vicki" storyline!  I'm glad it was resolved later in "Return to Collinwood", at least. [winkg]

Even though she has ulterior motives, I'm glad that Julia is trying to protect Vicki and Burke from Barnabas. [cheesyg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]