Author Topic: Custom Title Winner? / WAS: Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
.....well.....Willie Loomis, obviously.

Sheeeeesh!!  They could borrow a clip of bats mating from National Geographic, but they couldn't  find a better photo of a wolf?  My Siberian makes a better looking wolf than that picture, and she's scarier when she growls, too.

Okay, here's my take on the whole Dream Curse sequence:  all the performers who were required to have the dream bet one another on who could do the most over-the-top portrayal of terror.  I'm sure the big money was on Addison Powell because....well, just because.

But they obviously didn't count on Johnny Boy's total lack of self-consiousness.....this is an actor who will fling himself around on a parlor chair like a man dying in a plane crash....who will shriek like he's having something amputated without anesthesia.....and who never once imagined the possibility that 35 years later people would be snatching that open-mouthed howl of terror off the TV screen and posting it for posterity. [scrm]

He must have been picking scenery out of his teeth for days, but surely he won the bet.

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Daphne

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
Re: Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2002, 01:07:49 AM »
Okay, here's my take on the whole Dream Curse sequence:  all the performers who were required to have the dream bet one another on who could do the most over-the-top portrayal of terror.  I'm sure the big money was on Addison Powell because....well, just because.

But they obviously didn't count on Johnny Boy's total lack of self-consiousness.....this is an actor who will fling himself around on a parlor chair like a man dying in a plane crash....who will shriek like he's having something amputated without anesthesia.....and who never once imagined the possibility that 35 years later people would be snatching that open-mouthed howl of terror off the TV screen and posting it for posterity. [scrm]

He must have been picking scenery out of his teeth for days, but surely he won the bet.

LMAO! I would have thought WILLIE would be afraid of bats, not Mrs Johnson. That's weird. Where on earth did they come up with these fears?? Too bad we couldn't see Barnabus standing in the doorway with his cane over his head, glaring evilly -_- or someone @ Wyndcliffe. That would make more sense, IMHO anyway  :-/
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2002, 01:45:22 AM »
Willie's performance was great but for pure cheese I still have to go with the Doc.   I don't remember Willie looking like Joe Cocker.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2002, 03:41:37 AM »
He must have been picking scenery out of his teeth for days

Ever since you made all those comments about Addison Powell, I've been waiting for this episode to come up to see what your reaction would be to it. ;) I have to say you didn't disappoint! [lghy]

And BTW, a custom title (same rules as previously apply) will be awarded to the first registered "cousin" who can answer the following questions and post those answers (in an unedited post - yes, we can tell) in this topic:
  • What song (full title) does the snippet of music (that plays when this topic displays) come from?
  • What person (first and last name) originally sang it?
  • And what year was the song originally released as a single?

You have until Monday at 2:00pm ET/11am PT...

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2002, 03:51:49 AM »
"Hungry Like the Wolf"
Duran Duran

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2002, 03:54:26 AM »
"Hungry Like the Wolf"
Duran Duran

Nope.

Read the questions again. ::)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2002, 04:01:34 AM »
"Hungry Like the Wolf"
Simon LeBon

Raineypark
Dylan Thomas

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2002, 06:45:21 AM »
"Hungry Like the Wolf"
Simon LeBon

Raineypark

I think Rainey's got it right this time!

I can see the TV commercial now for "Hits from the 80's". My 19 year old daughter loves the music from that time period.

Carol
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2002, 11:26:30 AM »
LOL!! Willie was just too much with that dream scene! That scream, that look on his face, was priceless!! He topped them all!! :o

As for the music trivia MB, Im going to take a wild guess at this (and I do mean wild)  Im going to say the song:
Lil Red Ridin Hood
sung by Domingo Samudio of Sam the Sham and The Pharaohs
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2002, 04:25:49 PM »
Love that Willie :o :o :o

looks like the DOG next store to me!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Title Winner?
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2002, 10:42:15 PM »
Well, unfortunately, no one was able to come up with the three correct answers to the questions I posed and put them in one unedited post.  :'(

• What song (full title) does the snippet of music (that plays when this topic displays) come from?

Answer: Hungry Like The Wolf

• What person (first and last name) originally sang it?

Answer: Simon Le Bon

• And what year was the song originally released as a single?

Answer: Well, while the song was very frequently heard throughout 1983, Hungry Like The Wolf peaked at #3 on the February 26, 1983 Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart in its 10th week, which, of course, means that it was released in 1982.

So, what have we learned from this latest quest for a custom title on the forum? Well -

• 1) Always read the questions carefully before you answer them. :)

• 2) At times it doesn't pay to second guess yourself. ;)

• 3) Don't assume that it looks like someone has posted the correct answers (even if another poster might think so too [winkb]) because that assumption could stop you from posting the actual correct answers. ;D

• and 4) Of course, it should always go without saying that the answers to any of the questions posed to earn a custom title on the forum will never, I repeat NEVER, be as obvious as they might at first appear. [wink2]

So, keeping all that in mind, hopefully someone will have much better luck next time...

hooked

Re: Custom Title Winner? / WAS: Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2002, 03:06:07 PM »
Oh its on now!!  You have made it even more fun to be here.  I will be waiting for another challenge as I fall into the category of thinking that someone else had the right answer and so did not post my own...which would have been wrong by the way..thanks for the extra fun!