Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0832  (Read 604 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0832
« on: November 12, 2014, 04:44:50 PM »
Robservations #832

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0832

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 07:31:40 AM »
I like Quentin's furious, tiny, ironic smile at Trask's gloat that he's about to shoot and/or expose him.  Petofi to Q later, after his relief from the curse is apparent:  does Petofi have some elaborate plan already in mind as to [spoiler] what he'll do in 1969 as Q?  How can he, not knowing the territory?[/spoiler]  Q goes on the make for Amanda, and I applaud his ability to go from 0 to 60 so fast, and make it all seem so casual...  Q sees his portrait, and it's the wolf.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 04:27:22 PM »
I think Quentin is on a roll, relieved that for once the transformation didn't take place. That might explain his 0 to 60 switch.

Trask has more on his mind than exposing his brother-in-law as a werewolf. He goes to a spot in the woods, digs what passes for a deep hole in the Collinwood Universe, and after a brief glance at it, buries--he hopes forever--his and Evan’s confession to Minerva’s murder.

Quentin demands an explanation from Petofi and even refuses a second drink so he can keep a clear head.

Tim laughs uproariously as he gives Amanda her final instructions for duping Trask. But she can barely force herself to endure Trask's mere presence. She and Quentin re-meet cute, and suddenly she changes her mind about staying at Collinwood.

I’m glad you know so much about a girl like me, Amanda tells Quentin, more than I do myself. He approaches her with a smile. You’re beautiful, he says point blank. And you’re handsome, she replies in kind, and neither of us are very happy--are we? Smiling at her candor, Quentin asks her, When you were a little girl, what did you wish for when you saw the first star at night? Unconsciously moving closer to him, Amanda says, I don’t remember ever wishing on a star. Quentin draws closer to her till they’re practically nose to nose and says, I want to get to know you a lot better; perhaps we can talk again sometime. I’m sorry, but I’m afraid I must go. I have to make a phone call, Amanda realizes. Well, Quentin says, it has been an unexpected pleasure--but then this whole day has just been full of surprises, he adds dryly. If you’ll excuse me.... After he leaves, Amanda needs a moment to get her breath back, then calls Tim at the hotel again and says, I’ve changed my mind--I will stay at Collinwood. Tim is pleased but asks, Why did you change your mind? Amanda says, You were right, I just let myself get too worked up over things. I think things will be fine at Collinwood. As she hangs up, Trask returns just in time to hear the last sentence and asks who she was speaking to. Amanda says, It was the manager of the inn. He’s taken a fatherly interest in me and is sending my luggage right over. Trask turns away to hide a particularly lecherous smile. Amanda smiles too, but her far softer smile is prompted by another emotion altogether.

In the outer room of his suite, Quentin hesitates. I don't even want to think about that girl, he tells himself. If she had met me tonight under a full moon, she might be dead by now--if the miracle had not happened. But how did it happen? That is what I should be thinking about. Quentin opens the door to the bedroom and is annoyed to find his unwanted portrait, still wrapped as Petofi left it (though now it has acquired a plaque that reads Quentin Collins, 1897). Quentin pulls the cloth off the portrait--then gives a strangled cry of revulsion and buries his face in his hands. Not only is he wearing a brown suit in the painting instead of his usual gray, but his face and hands are those of a werewolf.......

Big question: Why doesn't the painting of the werewolf have him wearing a gray suit, like Quentin usually wears? Or is that part of Petofi's plan to conceal the WW's identity?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 04:45:09 PM »
Not only is he wearing a brown suit in the painting instead of his usual gray, but his face and hands are those of a werewolf.......

Chuckle.

Big question: Why doesn't the painting of the werewolf have him wearing a gray suit, like Quentin usually wears? Or is that part of Petofi's plan to conceal the WW's identity?

If it is, he blew it was that label at the bottom... It actually started out with a light tan suit... And when he painted the brown suit, why didn't Q's actual suit turn brown?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 07:48:34 PM »
Ha ha ha, MT! There is the small detail of that label. I guess that whatever transforms you into a werewolf extends to your clothes. And when we see the WW retransformed into Quentin, he's wearing his usual gray suit, picturesquely ripped.  [hall2_wink]