Author Topic: I Got In  (Read 813 times)

Offline morlock

• I create new DS shows, of course.
    • View Profile
    • The Pit of Ultimate Dark Shadows
I Got In
« on: August 29, 2018, 09:05:58 PM »
Ahhihh! (((jumping for joy))) I made it! I made it! I didn't know I was signed on. Somehow I registered before the register function died! I knew there was some reason I opened the wrong browser today!

Oh my gosh! I've been dying to get back into this forum for years. SaraMonster and I couldn't get the darn thing to work! She'd tried to help me get here again and she said, "I can't get to it either." So something was wrong!

HALLELUJAH! (((and much knocking on wood!)))
I am Count Vladimir Dracula. I do not sell life insurance!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: I Got In
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 09:15:11 PM »
Welcome, morlock - so glad to see that you were able to get in. And I look forward to seeing more from you!  [ghost_wink]

And SaraMonster - what a name from the past. Many of us have missed her!

Offline morlock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 09:24:19 PM »
Oh, yeah. Boy, back in the day before everything got so scary and scarier. Well, I'm not sure everything is working perfectly, so to speak. I think I sent a PM and I didn't find it in my "sent" box, so I'll keep knocking on wood. And see if I can get my bearings.

Oh, my gosh. It is so wonderful to see all the productions of DS embraced around here. What a lovely switch. I have finally crash-landed on the right planet... Lord willin'.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 09:44:53 PM »
I think I sent a PM and I didn't find it in my "sent" box, so I'll keep knocking on wood. And see if I can get my bearings.

If you're referring to the PM you sent to me, I received it. If you want a copy of your PMs, you need to check the box opposite "Save a copy in my outbox" before you send the PM.  [ghost_smiley]

Oh, my gosh. It is so wonderful to see all the productions of DS embraced around here. What a lovely switch. I have finally crash-landed on the right planet... Lord willin'.

Yes, we value all the various versions of DS here, not just the original series. Though that's not to say that people can't criticize or complain. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. In fact, the original series probably gets just as much criticism and just as many complaints as any other version. Basically, we're equal opportunity praisers and complainers.  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline morlock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 10:12:08 PM »
Thank God! That's what I'm used to before the crazy took hold. My husband and I are starting to have fun watching the show again. I think that's the main trouble, we all need folks of like-mind to talk to. I had so many people coming to me to burble random things that had little to do with my place in it all, just for the sake that I was available and coherent.

Hopefully I can come up with an easy on the eyes avatar someday. I'm tired of the one that seems to automatically get set whenever I open an account somewhere.

Dang, it's nice to have somewhere to go for DS that works like the librivox forums.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 01:06:51 AM »
Welcome  Morlock glad you are a part of the DS. family .
Love Anne 😊

"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 01:48:12 AM »
Morlock (and SaraMonster - hopefully she'll find some way back in) - what a blast from the past!  I know it's difficult since our noble leaders, MB and Midnite, have had to shut down new members when spam-and-runners began to infiltrate.  I don't know how this on-line stuff works, but maybe you can ask MB or Midnite how SaraMonster can reactivate her account.  If you've got Sara's e-mail, maybe one of our fearless leaders can contact her on how to do it or even have her create a new account.

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 01:55:18 AM »
SaraMonster wouldn't have to create a new account because her old account is still here...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 03:59:41 AM »
Welcome, morlock! I hope that you enjoy the forum as much as we do!
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 06:29:21 AM »
Welcome morlock!!!  So glad you managed to get in - looking forward to seeing more of you.
Josette

Offline morlock

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 09:03:35 AM »
Hi, All!

I so appreciate this warm welcome. Now that I have the dishwasher started I think I might be able to handle a response.

Finally being able to login to this forum reminds me of that portion of H.G. Wells' novel "The War of The Worlds", in which a soldier enters the garden and later the home of the protagonist who asks the soldier,

"What has happened?"

And the soldier responds,

"What hasn't?"

That's a good reflection of what's happened to me.

Annie: I definitely feel a part of the family now. Bless you!

For Gerard: Soooooo glad to see so many of your posts and that you're still active. It would be nice if SaraMonster still was. She was our anticipated joy in looking for DS goodies online so long ago. We have had a little contact, but I stress the word *little*. With what's going on via social media schemes, what I glean out of her interactions is a bare minimum, which likely means things like FB and tumblr have abbreviated her correspondence abilities. (Not a shame, exactly, just a sad fact of life in this 2010's decade.)

She was out-of DS fandom for "lack of interest" but I suspect there might be more to it than that. Her old forum was the only place I could get good chat about the 2012 film when it was released, and then I couldn't reach her forum. But a later forum emerged on her site in which a lot of 2012 film detractors showed up. (You can likely imagine the rest of the tale from there *sad face*)

Two fairly recent, wonderful things was our being able to discuss the new MST3K show a little bit, and her giving me permission that I requested to to use two of her DS Annotations jokes for my 18th Pit episode. Huzzah! ^_^

Uncle Roger: Yes! Boy, I am totally enjoying this forum now. There are so many things that have been written here that's helping me calm down and feel so much better! I can't stop reading and enjoying so much of it.

Josette: Wow!So glad to see someone proud to wear that very name. What a character for having so many incredible facets and distinctions that so few people I've encountered actually recognize.

Perhaps it was all providential but I certainly feel like a major 21st Century poster-child for The Bystander Effect. I pray this is for the greater good someday.

For all the hazards coming out of computer country on the West Coast? It's not my fault, but I apologize anyway. (I don't feel the need to apologize for tumblr as that comes from the East Coast.)

D.