Author Topic: Episode 1104  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Episode 1104
« on: September 18, 2007, 03:39:58 PM »
Was Episode 1104 Mrs Johnson's last appearance?

I do appreciate her brilliant thesping so much, watching the series as an adult...

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 1104
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 04:10:29 PM »
gothick,

yes dear,according to the trusty d.s. almanac episode 1104 was indeed mrs.johnson's last appearance on the show and alas and alak clarice blackburn's final appearance as well as she was not cast in the 1840 storylines.

i greatly appreciate what ms.blackburn brought to the table as well and her diminishing screen time over the years was a big disappointment for me. :(
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 05:32:50 PM »
I love to think of Grayson cooking up a Mexican lunch for Clarice with perhaps Constance Ford (another very distinguished actress in soaps--her role in the late 1950s soapy flick The Summer Place was priceless) as a fellow guest.   I love the scene during Tom Jennings storyline where Julia asks Mrs J to darken the room for her--great stuff!

Of course Jules did describe Mrs J as a "neurotic hysteric" or something equally cutting and unkind when Mrs J was simply reporting what she was seeing during the days of Quentin's haunting at Collinwood...

Clarice brought so very much to her roles on the show, but it's nice to know that afterwards she enjoyed even greater artistic fulfillment in her new career as a writer.  Clarice's performances are one of the *many* reasons why I'm glad I get to see the Shadows shows again as an adult.  I really didn't have a proper appreciation of her as a child.

G.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 06:20:38 AM »
Clarice brought so very much to her roles on the show, but it's nice to know that afterwards she enjoyed even greater artistic fulfillment in her new career as a writer.
Did she?  I mean, I know that she wrote, but did that indeed give her greater artistic fulfillment?  I can't imagine ever wanting to be an actor, so I'm always interested in why people want to act, and in why some of them choose to stop acting and do something else.

By way, I watched the famous mayonnaise scene this past weekend for the first time, and it was every bit as good as I had been led to believe it would be.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 02:17:36 PM »
Yeah, I like mayonnaise too.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »
i like mayonnaise too.love it it fact!

i usually make my own and it's good.but it has to be fresh.fresh as a daisy to be precise.

as a matter of fact if i order a sandwich and the mayonnaise does not meet my exacting standards than i have no problem sending it back and demanding that a fresh jar be opened.
if this inconveniences the waitress i'm sorry but no amount of protest on her part,no matter what assurances she gives that she just opend the jar that morning,will make me change my mind.if she has a problem with this she can take it up with the firm that made the mayonnnaise.

because let's face it...there is too much evil in this world to be fought than to be sidelined by the cramps,nausea and diarrhea associated with the consumption of rancid mayonnaise. >:D
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 04:54:40 PM »
 [stfl], mscbryk!!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 07:53:02 AM »
if this inconveniences the waitress i'm sorry
I find that if you leave a really generous tip - a dime, say - the waitress doesn't mind the inconvenience.