Author Topic: DVD Review in EW  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Review in EW
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2002, 01:16:52 AM »
Oh, by the by-does anyone know if they ever plan to go back and possibly do DVDs of the pre-Barn stuff?  I was guessing it might be considered if the first sets do well.

I believe the plan is to release all the episodes on DVD.

And BTW, I do love your photo with John Karlen, but I'm really going to miss Vamp Puppy - that was hysterical. [lghy]

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Review in EW
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2002, 06:20:12 AM »

Well, I have to say that really is a big plus for me as I was about to be forced to add another room on just to house the collection.  Not really, but it is getting really crowded behind my bedroom armoire - and the dust bunnies are very perturbed about it.  

Like several others on the board I got the first DVD set yesterday and happily unwrapped it like a kid on Christmas day.  I watched the first few eps and haven't noticed any problems with them...except the volume seems to fluctuate a bit.  Since I was doing homemade tapes (SLP, 10 eps per tape) I’m really getting into the overall better quality and the fact that I don’t have to see a John Edward promo or a Blimpie commercial every 10 minutes (or zip past them).

As to that rude Entertainment Weekly review [angryf] , well it just figures you might get something like this from a magazine that has the initials EW (ewwwwwwww!) [sick]. Wadda they know! In light of the crud they call horror these days (slash-gash-trash) it seems DS fans may be some of the few (but not only) to truly appreciate the subtlety of the early B&W eps and their innate eeriness.  The more I watch them the more I love them!  :-*

I'm with you Castlebee i have a lot of homemade tapes but the commerials are really irritating also sometimes i would forget to tape and lose a few episodes! so much work! also big to store!

jennifer
just got rid of my Beta tapes(including the horror show that was the 1986 World series )so have more room!
my beta recorder i got rid of 10 years ago so guess i'm behind in spring cleaning!talk about dust bunnies on those !
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
An extensive review
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2002, 08:39:32 PM »
A very detailed review of the DS DVD is on TVShowsOnDVD.com:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/sitereviews.cfm?ReleaseID=1055

The writer, David Lambert, summarized it as follows:
Video  6/10
Audio  8/10
Extras  1/10
His ratings are explained in the article.  Check it out!

The link was posted on the DS Newsgroup by Eric Newman.