Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0138  (Read 1031 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0138
« on: February 02, 2012, 06:35:42 PM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0138
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:52:33 PM »
Preposterous. You don’t hear that word much these days, do you?

Burke certainly gets around with the ladies, doesn’t he? He and Joe are the only guys who ever do any smooching in this storyline. Roger doesn’t have a love life, nor does Sam. I wonder if Sheriff Patterson has a sweetheat?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:32:25 PM »
Roger doesn’t have a love life, nor does Sam. I wonder if Sheriff Patterson has a sweetheat?

Janet the Wicked,

I'm certainly not one to gossip, but long before she came to view the interior design of Collinwood, Donna Friedlander and Sheriff Patterson were said to have made a definite "love connection." [snow_kiss]

Bob

PS And don't let me get started on those Janet Findley/T. Elliot Stokes rumors either. As for Sam, I think that he had a lifelong love affair with St. Pauli Girl! [snow_rolleyes] [snow_grin]   

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 09:06:44 PM »
Carolyn is such a fool--Burke has no real interest in her, but knows just how to get what he wants.  I can beleive that there is real feeling in his come-on to Laura, though clearly she doesn't share it, not at all.  In that way, she still seems depressed--I don't think she really feels anything for anyone, except David, but even then sort of an indifferent love for the concept.  Roger doesn't like losing at his own game. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 09:20:36 PM »
A gun rack has mysteriously appeared in the drawing room! Well, you know what Anton Chekhov said about not putting a gun rack in the drawing room in Act I unless you’re going to use it before Act I is over.  [snow_wink]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 03:59:46 AM »
Laura is transfixed by the fire offin some other world perhaps that world she talks of. I wonder why if she burned to death in the fire she is'nt already reborn.  Rogers got a gun.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 01:05:50 PM »
A gun rack has mysteriously appeared in the drawing room! Well, you know what Anton Chekhov said about not putting a gun rack in the drawing room in Act I unless you’re going to use it before Act I is over.
And if you're going to put the gunrack near the piano, shouldn't you shoot the piano player?

Watching this storyline for the second time, I'm impressed by how much Laura just doesn't care about anything but David.  It appears she's lying about the contents of her suitcase - i.e. there appears to be nothing in it; it's just there for show - but if somebody opened it up and found it empty (like any number of coffins in years to come on this show) I don't think Laura would care - unless it turned into a reason why she might not be allowed custody of David.

I wonder if Sheriff Patterson has a sweetheat?
And if he does, did he get his cold from her?  I felt sorry for Sheriff Patterson today; he was just there to move the plot along.  I'd like to see someone bewitch him with a cigar cutter.  Or something.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »
And if you're going to put the gunrack near the piano, shouldn't you shoot the piano player?

[snow_cheesy]