Author Topic: A F G A N - The Prequel  (Read 877 times)

Offline JosettesMusicBox

• Full Poster
  • JosettesMusicBox
    • View Profile
A F G A N - The Prequel
« on: December 22, 2005, 03:14:37 AM »
OK boys and girls... are you sitting down?

I have found "The Afgan" and long before Dark Shadows was pen to paper...

In the 1947 movie "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039420/)
there it is in all it's youth... warming Lucy Muir during an afternoon's nap.
You know they say, "If walls could talk..."
Well really now, "If AFGANS could talk..." imagine what our afgan would have to say...
Think of all the places it has been...

It is quite prominent in the scene - you can't miss it.
I would love to take a screen shot for you, but I recently learned here that I'd have to get permission from 20th Century Fox...

Plot Summary for The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947)
In 1900, strong-willed widow Lucy Muir goes to live in Gull Cottage by the British seaside, even though it appears to be haunted. Sure enough, that very night she meets the ghost of crusty former owner Captain Gregg...and refuses to be scared off. Indeed, they become friends and allies, after Lucy gets used to the idea of a man's ghost haunting her bedroom. But when a charming live man comes courting, Lucy and the captain must deal with their feelings for each other.

Summary written by Rod Crawford {puffinus@u.washington.edu}

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: A F G A N - The Prequel
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 05:44:26 AM »
That was one of my mother's favorite movies.   It made a good TV show for one year, too.    The afghan and Charles Nelson Reilly then did a spinoff called "Cancel Me Immediately".
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor