Author Topic: Who here has seen the WB pilot?  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Who here has seen the WB pilot?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 04:44:59 AM »
And as to sexy hot young hunks: Don Brisco, David Selby, Joel Crothers, John Karlen, Jerry Lacy, James Storm, and Michael Stroka. Mitchell Ryan(Not quite as young, but very sexy) same with Humbert Allen Astredo (Pant, pant), and Dennis Patrick (that Irish brogue  was way sexy).

These actors were hot, and they still would be hot in today's TV. Jonathan Frid was sexy, sensual, and mysterious as Barnabas. It is as you said, Harrison Ford and Sean Connery are still pretty hot. Frid was hot!

I find it interesting how you've ordered the names of the male actors here.  I'm sure it's a matter of opinion, but I see a definite dividing line in your list between Storm and Stroka.  Stroka, Ryan, Astredo, Patrick, and Frid all may have had appeal or charisma - which made them actors - but I don't think you'd find any of them mistaken for GQ models.  Unlike the majority of leading actors on TV shows today.

[ChristmaS11]

P.S. to Forum Moderator - I'm unable to view the videoclip of Alec Newman in MB's post.  A message said something about either an error or that I didn't have the authority to view it or something.

[snowball]
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 05:20:13 AM »
P.S. to Forum Moderator - I'm unable to view the videoclip of Alec Newman in MB's post.  A message said something about either an error or that I didn't have the authority to view it or something.

That's because that link was to the "Video for Full" board (because MagnusTrask's status was as a Full Poster at the time of the posting). Senior Posters need to view the "Video for God and Senior" board.  [santa_wink]

Senior Members (and future Gods) can access the video in question here:

(RVID)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 07:53:30 AM »

That's because that link was to the "Video for Full" board (because MagnusTrask's status was as a Full Poster at the time of the posting). Senior Posters need to view the "Video for God and Senior" board.  [santa_wink]

Senior Members (and future Gods) can access the video in question here:

(RVID)

Am I somehow connected to this?   I don't even know what is being talked about.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005, 06:20:33 AM »
And as to sexy hot young hunks: Don Brisco, David Selby, Joel Crothers, John Karlen, Jerry Lacy, James Storm, and Michael Stroka. Mitchell Ryan(Not quite as young, but very sexy) same with Humbert Allen Astredo (Pant, pant), and Dennis Patrick (that Irish brogue  was way sexy).

These actors were hot, and they still would be hot in today's TV. Jonathan Frid was sexy, sensual, and mysterious as Barnabas. It is as you said, Harrison Ford and Sean Connery are still pretty hot. Frid was hot!

I find it interesting how you've ordered the names of the male actors here.  I'm sure it's a matter of opinion, but I see a definite dividing line in your list between Storm and Stroka.  Stroka, Ryan, Astredo, Patrick, and Frid all may have had appeal or charisma - which made them actors - but I don't think you'd find any of them mistaken for GQ models.  Unlike the majority of leading actors on TV shows today.

Michael Stroka is listed with the younger actors. I think he was pretty sexy in his scenes as Aristede, and I think that Mitch Ryan is very GQ! He could have been a model. The pictures of Mr. Ryan from today's episode (#127) are especially GQ.

Misa

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2005, 04:14:11 AM »
Let's face it, the clothes from the 60s, 70s and 80s will always be remembered.  Who is going to lookback in 2010 and remember the style of the early 2000s as definitely early 2000s? It really doesn't have a style that defines a generation IMO.

I saw the clip of Alex Neuman and I have to say that he could definitely make a hot Barnabas.  His face has character plus he's a good actor from everything I've read about him.

Not so long ago I heard a much younger woman at work talk about disliking the 1990s 'Persuasion' actor (I don't remember his real name) Captain Wentworth because he wasn't attactive! I thought his portrayal of Captain Wentworth was so good that his personal appearance measured up to his performance IMO.

I'm also a big Dallas fan and the latest thing I've heard is that John Travolta is the first choice to play J.R.  At first the idea of him playing my favorite character was not positive but I'm now thinking that Travolta can pull it off.  It looks like they're not going for a real young actor for that choice part.  That's a good thing.  Oh, I've heard mention that Teri Hatcher is suggested for the role of Pamela Barnes Ewing.  That's not a good idea to me.  Miss Hatcher looks like she's been baking in the California sun a little too long. Pamela needs to be really fresh looking, and be as good an actor as the way Victoria Principal played the role.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf