Author Topic: Episode #0355  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Episode #0355
« on: August 03, 2007, 07:30:32 PM »
 [hello]

Fill in the blank: "Carolyn was deliriously excited by the opportunity to search Julia's room because, better than even finding Julia's notebook on the experiment, the possibility existed that she would find ________, which Carolyn was certain Julia always had hidden in her room."

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Episode #0355
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 10:57:39 PM »
"...the possibility existed that she would find Waldo, Dr. Richard Kimble, stuff from Al Capone's vault, Holy Grail, Maltese Falcon, list of secret herbs and spices for Kentucky Fried Chicken, real Hitler Diaries, long-sought method of turning base metals into gold, Fountain of Youth, and Carolyn's virginity..."
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 05:26:32 PM »
"...the possibility existed that she would find Waldo, Dr. Richard Kimble, stuff from Al Capone's vault, Holy Grail, Maltese Falcon, list of secret herbs and spices for Kentucky Fried Chicken, real Hitler Diaries, long-sought method of turning base metals into gold, Fountain of Youth, and Carolyn's virginity..."

Just so people know, a lot of those originally had "the" in front of them.   A moderator needed to conserve space and didn't want to eliminate any of the jokes completely, I guess.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 09:36:53 PM »
Just so people know, a lot of those originally had "the" in front of them.   A moderator needed to conserve space and didn't want to eliminate any of the jokes completely, I guess.

You might recall this from the rules for captions topic:
FROM NOW ON CAPTION POSTS ARE LIMITED TO 275 CHARACTERS.

Moderators will edit out blank space or redundant signatures & URLS in posts to conserve space-- we've openly stated this-- but we edit text when it violates a Forum guideline or, as in this case, an official rule.

He's not here at the moment, but it appears that MB chose to help you by trimming your caption instead of removing it outright.  :)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 03:26:31 PM »
You might recall this from the rules for captions topic:
FROM NOW ON CAPTION POSTS ARE LIMITED TO 275 CHARACTERS.

And there's also:
THERE IS NO CHARACTER LIMITATION ON THE LENGTH OF THE SET UP (well, within reason and within the forum's guidelines). ONLY RESPONSES WILL BE LIMITED TO 275 CHARACTERS. But as there really isn't much need to repeat the entire set up in responses, 275 characters should allow much more than enough leeway to complete a phrase or fill in the blank(s).  ;)

it appears that MB chose to help you by trimming your caption instead of removing it outright.  :)

That's exactly what I did.  ;)  In fact, rather than remove them outright, I've edited several completions and fill ins for going over the 275 character limit. The code to display a warning is in place for the Caption This! boards, but I haven't gotten a chance to code it for this board.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 10:50:25 AM »
...the possibility existed that she would find the Titanic, which Carolyn was certain Julia always had hidden in her room.

(I'm sure Magnus meant to put that in his response, but it just slipped his mind.)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 04:12:10 PM »
(I'm sure Magnus meant to put that in his response, but it just slipped his mind.)

[lghy]  But what a good thing it was that he didn't because then I would have had no choice but to edit something out entirely or remove the post completely.  :(