Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0529  (Read 947 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0529
« on: April 25, 2008, 10:14:02 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0529
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 08:27:08 AM »
As Maggie let forth those screams upon seeing a ghost, I thought they were quite impressive, but gosh, it wasn't even a very scary looking ghost!  And then, charitably, I wondered if I myself would maintain my composure in those circumstances.  I decided I wouldn't scream, because fainting is more in my line.

I'm surprised that Vicky didn't point out that the presence of Stokes's stickpin at the cottage is not proof that Stokes was there.  After all, she knows how a certain Pen got passed around.

Thayer David loves that monocle, doesn't he?  And he loves dropping it from his eye as he looks up from reading.  But it can't be very comfortable to read with a monocle, and it must be very bad for one's eyes.  I suppose, however, that Stokes thinks the affectation is worth its drawbacks.

If Adam killed Barnabas, would Adam then die because of his connection to Barnabas, and would Barnabas become a vampire because Adam was no longer draining the affliction from Barnabas?  A nice little boomerang of a murder.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 02:11:44 PM »
Joe sure put two and two together. He missed his true calling: he really should have been a detective. [ghost_wink]

Though I don't know why he should find it so odd that Professor Stokes went to Collinwood to try and buy the portrait of Angelique. I'm sure Vicki had to have point out how much Stokes had wanted it at the time. There's nothing incriminating about someone who wants to own a portrait rather badly...eccentric, maybe, but hardly criminal-like behavior. [ghost_mellow]

Good thing Vicki found out that the rose water wasn't Maggie's. She's safe....for now, anyway. But we all know Cassandra/Angelique ain't gonna give up! [ghost_blink]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 04:43:35 PM »
Thayer David loves that monocle, doesn't he?  And he loves dropping it from his eye as he looks up from reading.  But it can't be very comfortable to read with a monocle, and it must be very bad for one's eyes.

If Adam killed Barnabas, would Adam then die because of his connection to Barnabas, and would Barnabas become a vampire because Adam was no longer draining the affliction from Barnabas?  A nice little boomerang of a murder.

LOL on the boomerang... as for the monocle, I'd guess that a person wears one because only one eye is 'bad', so once he gets used to positioning it correctly, the 'good' eye and corrected eye work fine together.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 09:38:36 AM »
Vicki didn't want to move away from Collinsport because she didn't want to leave Jeff. Well, why couldn't Jeff have gone with her? [ghost_huh] He probably could have easily gotten another job someplace else.

I really liked the rapport between Adam and Prof. Stokes. The "association game" really allowed the Prof. to figure out Adam's relationships with Barnabas and Willie. [ghost_cheesy]

It's too bad Joe took that gun to Prof. Stokes' house and chased Adam with it.  [ghost_nowink] Adam was really rather calm and docile until then. Joe should have known he was no match for Adam. However, I do admire Joe's willingness to protect Maggie. [cheer] It took a lot of chutzpah to do that.  [ghost_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 05:50:47 AM »
I guess Collinwood doesn't have a law against toting a fully loaded rifle through the city streets.

Does anyone else notice that Prof. Stokes' door opens outward rather than inward? That seems very odd to me.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 02:05:59 AM »
I've noticed a door opening the wrong way at other times on Dark Shadows, though I can't remember when.