Author Topic: Modifications / Advanced Instant Messaging  (Read 649 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Modifications / Advanced Instant Messaging
« on: April 06, 2002, 06:50:02 PM »
This post is just to let everyone know that this morning I installed a few modifications to the forum.

As I'd mentioned when the forum first launched, we already had about 50 features/updates waiting in the wings to be installed. We were just waiting for the forum to be up and running for about a month or so before we started to trickle them out so people wouldn't get too overwhelmed by things changing before they were able to get used to what was already available. [winkb]

It's not likely that many of you will even become aware of some of the things that have been installed today because they're designed to make the system run more efficiently. But the most noticeable modification has been made to Instant Messaging.

At the top of the forum's pages and in the Info Center, not only does it now say how many IMs you have in your inbox, but it also tells you how many of them are new. When you go into Instant Messaging, you'll now be able to set your preferences to display a popup when a new message comes in and/or play a sound (as soon as I pick one and upload it, that is [lghy]). Also, you'll notice that your inbox and outbox display differently. The messages in each no longer display on one page. Instead there are links to each message. In your inbox you'll notice a new field containing an icon which indicates whether or not you've read a message (an opened or closed envelope) or answered it (an opened envelope with a purple checkmark). In your outbox the icon will indicate whether or not the member you've sent an IM to has opened it. These new features will help to increase both the speed and efficientcy of the system (but they will only begin to work accurately with messages sent and received from this point on).

So enjoy! More new features will be on their way in the coming weeks and months. [wink2]