Author Topic: Cassandra and Tony Peterson  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Cassandra and Tony Peterson
« on: April 30, 2008, 03:34:06 AM »
I guess this whole topic is a spoiler, so ...

[spoiler]I have two remarks about Angelique and Tony. The first is regarding a contradictory occurrence in their interaction. When Angelique is trying to obtain the talisman from Dr Lang which protects against witches, she bewitches Tony and forces him to go to Dr Lang's house and steal the talisman. But, wouldn't he be freed from her spell as soon as he touches the talisman? I mean, it is supposed to protect against witches right?? Seems a little strange, LOL ...

Second, why was she sexually molesting Tony while he was under her spell? (I'm referring to the forced make-out sessions they had) Angelique is evil and everything, but that just ain't right. I guess she just always had a thing for Trask? Ironic I guess ...[/spoiler]
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Cassandra and Tony Peterson
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 04:15:57 AM »
An entire topic can be spoilered by choosing the spoiler message icon (which is now in place for this topic). To use it, simply open the message icon drop-down menu while posting a new topic and click on "Spoiler". That's not to say that individual spoilers can't still be used in the topic - but it alerts people from the outset that just by opening the topic they might encounter something they may not want to read/know.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 04:17:50 AM »
I think you're right about the talisman.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 04:20:41 AM »
Perhaps the talisman only protected against spells being cast as opposed to those that had already been cast and were in effect...

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 04:51:37 AM »
I guess.... in 1968 though, I feel as if the rules are out the window and trying to reconcile anything is liable to result in one drowning in the chaos.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 08:06:34 AM »
Only in 1968, Magnus?

Perhaps the talisman works only if the bearer has come by it lawfully.

Nice question, Garth Blackwood.  It had never occurred to me when I was watching that part.

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 04:34:18 PM »
Nice question, Garth Blackwood.  It had never occurred to me when I was watching that part.

Yeah it never occurred to me either but I've recently recruited a friend of my mine to the ranks of Dark Shadows Fan, and while we were watching it together he pointed it out and I couldn't give any explanation for it. I sort of fell back on what someone above said, where "If you were already under a spell before you obtain it, then it wouldn't be effective" but now I realize that is not true, because at one point Dr Lang is being messed with by Angelique, and he grabs the talisman, and the pain stops ... So much for that theory :P
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 05:18:44 AM »
Yet another goof in the writing of DS. I've never noticed that before either. It definitely is a perplexing question, and a goof not only on the writers part, but on Cassandralique's part as well.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 05:41:01 AM »
When it comes to these seeming goofs within the supernatural elements on DS, someone in fandom can always come up with a perfectly logical explanation to explain it all away (well, as logical as things can ever be when dealing with the supernatural :D). I have no idea what that explanation would be in this instance, but I'm sure the person to explain it is out there - somewhere.  [ghost_wink]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 05:51:46 AM »
We need Believability Paramedics, ready at a moment's notice to swoop in and make sense of the most preposterous continuity errors and contradictions.   We need them on speed-dial.