Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 946 times)

Offline Jordi

• View Profile
    • Jordanna.net
Greetings
« on: October 31, 2003, 02:48:27 PM »
Hello all,

I only began watching "Dark Shadows" this week. I was happily looking forward to exploring this weird new world... and then this morning, in browsing sites and trying to learn more about the show, I found out about DS's impending removal from "Skiffy".   :'(

Needless to say, I'm extremely upset.

As a penniless youngster, I have absolutely no chance of being able to afford the series on video.... unless there might be any kind fans out there who would be inclined to help share DS with a hungry luckless newbie, by making tape copies (as I have done for people in other fandoms). Assuming, of course, we don't hear good news from SoapNet in the next couple of months.

At any rate, I just wanted to introduce myself... and whine a bit.   :-[ I hope to be able to converse more with you all, providing I'm somehow able to see the show further and have something to converse about.

Jordi

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Greetings
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 05:26:33 PM »
Welcome, Jordi!  I'm so glad you joined us.

The rest of the series beyond SciFi's last aired ep will be summarized and illustrated on RobinV's Robservations board, if that's any consolation.

Enjoy the forums!

~Midnite, er, IB

Offline grayson67

• Junior Poster
  • I must come up with something creative to put here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 08:24:17 PM »
Never fear Jordi. When I first started watching DS it was on a local PBS station and one day it just disappeared from their schedule without any warning at all. Apart from a few random episodes here and there, I didn't manage to see it again until I got SciFi in 1995.

One thing I've learned being a Dark Shadows fan is that no matter how often DS disappears on us, somehow we always manage to find it again... or it manages to find us!! (feel free to add some sort of evil menacing laugh >:D)

:) Welcome!! :)
grayson67 (Melissa)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2003, 09:25:16 AM »
Welcome, Jordi!!  That really is a shame for you to find the show just before it disappears.  As others have said, it could reappear at some point. SciFi took it off for a while a few years ago and then brought it back.

There is a video store near me that got the whole series of tapes (not the Classic ones - the beginning, but from the coming of Barnabas through the end).  Before SciFi I was able to rent the whole thing.  Maybe you'll be lucky and find a place like that.

Meanwhile, it's nice to have you with us.  :)
Josette