Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0571  (Read 1002 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0571
« on: June 23, 2008, 08:24:11 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0571
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 02:36:15 AM »
From what I could see, Tom had the upper hand in his fight with Barnabas, and he could have bitten him, but he just stood there looking at Barnabas.  Very silly.  All I could figure was that Tom's fangs went soft at the thought of biting another male.

Very nice makeup job on Julia today.  She looked awful.  Usually I can't see it when somebody says, "You look pale!" but today nobody said it and I noticed it.

Louis Edmonds and Joan Bennett were very Joshua-and-Naomi-ish today.  It bothered me.  It's OK for Elizabeth to seem like Naomi, because she's not right in the head at the moment, but Roger shouldn't seem like Joshua.  I like it when Elizabeth hides behind the chair, by the way.  If she had just gone out the other door of the living room and stood where she couldn't be seen, nobody would think twice about it, but hiding behind the chair like a child gives a completely different impression.

I think we saw the first clear physical evidence of Nicholas's unhumanness today, when he snuffed out the candles.  People do snuff out candles with their fingers, but they do it quickly.  Nicholas sort of rubbed his fingers in the fire.  Did Humbert Allen Astredo have asbestos painted on his fingers?

I was thinking today about how correctly Nicholas always behaves.  Always a pleasant smile and a compliment, and flowers for an ailing acquaintance.  If I had a son I would tell him, "Look at Mr. Blair, sonny boy.  That's what I want you to be like when you grow up."

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 08:39:29 PM »
I was thinking today about how correctly Nicholas always behaves.  Always a pleasant smile and a compliment, and flowers for an ailing acquaintance.  If I had a son I would tell him, "Look at Mr. Blair, sonny boy.  That's what I want you to be like when you grow up."

Just goes to show how outward appearances can cleverly mask the horrible truth of what someone is actually like...

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »
(We worship the wrong people in this society.)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 11:18:02 AM »
Hooray! Ex-Vampire Barnabas defeated Vampire Tom! [cheer] It was quite amusing when Roger and Barnabas went back to the crypt and found no coffin! [lghy] Of course, Nicholas moved it! [winkg]

It was cute when Elizabeth hid behind the chair when Roger arrived. [ghost_rolleyes] It reminded me of all the times David hid from him. [ghost_wub]

I loved it when Nicholas slowly and playfully snuffed out the candles with his fingers.  [ghost_smiley]

,,,how correctly Nicholas always behaves.  Always a pleasant smile and a compliment, and flowers for an ailing acquaintance.

Just goes to show how outward appearances can cleverly mask the horrible truth of what someone is actually like...
That is so true, MB! There are many charming people in this world who are really devils in disguise. [devil] [ghost_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 10:41:56 PM »
Yes, Nicholas is very gentlemanly and gracious. [spoiler]It would have been neat to see Humbert Allen Estredo play a good and honest character.[/spoiler]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 12:04:30 PM »
Do you think Tom wanted to die the way Barnabas requested to?

Why didn't the light shining on him make him turn to dust?

This episode went to fast for me. It felt like lets get on with another story line. It would have been nice to see more of the Julia and Barnabas story line. Julia did look terrible, great make up.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate