Author Topic: Let's DS mobilize!  (Read 2745 times)

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Let's DS mobilize!
« on: January 24, 2003, 05:05:39 AM »
Hey guys,

Adra here.Haven't posted in a while.I have been experiencing technical difficulties with my ISP.My question is...what are some of the things you guys think I,or even you,can do to make your life be more DS-like?
Expressing the question more clearly,i mean...are there any items you can think of having in your home(candle operas,strange lamps,fireplaces ablaze all the time,etc.)
or simply the way to make conversation with your relatives(being dramatic in gestures,turning your back while talking to someone,looking up as if into a camera,etc.)...I sometimes find myself making those strange faces that Laura used to make when she had come up with an evil plan or was praying to Ra.I'm looking for more things to do and things to add to my home to make it more DS-like.I want your comments and ideas.Throw em' at me! :)

Thanks,

Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's DS mobilize!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 05:23:33 AM »
Hi Adra,
Ok, here is one thing you can do to add a little
DS spice to your life. Try being a close talker
like Barnabas. Really get right up in someone's
face and gaze into their eyes. Especially if they are
giving you a hard time about watching DS.
That should shut them up. LOL
Another idea is say someone asks you a question-
-stop, smile at them real big and then gasp,
"Oh Barnabas----oops! I mean (fill in the name)."
This type of behavior should keep your friends
and family on their toes or it will get you a first
class ticket to the closest Wyndcliff type care
facility for a good looooong rest.
Julianka

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2003, 05:42:25 AM »
Hi Adra,

You can purchase a chiming clock that plays Westminster. That is the "melody" that the grandfather clock in the foyer at Collinwood plays; Then hide your red diary in it. <giggle>

dom

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2003, 06:00:52 AM »
You can purchase a chiming clock that plays Westminster. That is the "melody" that the grandfather clock in the foyer at Collinwood plays;

My mother actually has one of these on the mantel in the den, and on more than one occasion it went off at the precise moment the Collinwood clock went off when I was watching DS videos while I was home on the weekends from college.

The first time, I thought it was creepy as hell, but, considering how many shots they have of that darn clock during the run of the series, I doubt that the possibility of the two going off at the same time is very rare at all.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2003, 06:08:50 AM »
My husband loves watches and clocks.
He has always wanted a grandfather clock.
But they take up so much space.
Julianka

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2003, 07:00:10 AM »
Three words: Brandy, brandy, brandy!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2003, 07:05:47 AM »
Hmmm...my life is actually becoming a bit too DS-like for my taste.  Little occurrences have led me to suspect that my apartment is haunted.  For example, I always leave my shower curtain open after showering because I like the air to circulate in the tub area to dry it out.  On several occasions, I have gone out for the day and returned home to find that shower curtain is closed.

Also, one morning I woke up and for a split-second, I saw the image of a face hovering in my bedroom.

Scariest of all, I had been sleeping on my sofa and when I woke up, I heard what sounded like the jangling of the chain lock on my door and footsteps in my living room.

Of course, I could be imagining all these events.  Perhaps I should switch from DS to FATHER KNOWS BEST...

Regards,

John

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2003, 08:10:58 AM »
Hmmm...my life is actually becoming a bit too DS-like for my taste.  Little occurrences have led me to suspect that my apartment is haunted.  For example, I always leave my shower curtain open after showering because I like the air to circulate in the tub area to dry it out.  On several occasions, I have gone out for the day and returned home to find that shower curtain is closed.

Also, one morning I woke up and for a split-second, I saw the image of a face hovering in my bedroom.

Scariest of all, I had been sleeping on my sofa and when I woke up, I heard what sounded like the jangling of the chain lock on my door and footsteps in my living room.

Of course, I could be imagining all these events.  Perhaps I should switch from DS to FATHER KNOWS BEST...

Regards,

John

I hear you. I have a little of that myself lately.
I'll be home alone, upstairs on my computer
and hear what sounds like a door closing.
When I go downstairs to check...nothing.
No one in the house. And every once in a while
the doorbell will ring and no one is there.
My daughter has been there in the room
with me when this happened once. And before
you say neighborhood kids are playing tricks,
this has happened during the day, when the kids
are all in school.
Julianka

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2003, 08:15:55 AM »
start staying up all night and when friends ask where you are during the day say "I had business in Bangor"
have a seance for every little noise you hear in the house!
say "i don't understand ALL THE TIME and look blank.
talk about your travels to another century!

and my #1 favorite hang garlic on your door keeps all my weird relatives away!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 09:09:48 AM »
[hello] I wear my large silver cross, and occasionally flash it in someone's face to see if they will run away and howl.
Seriously, I have been having horrible nightmares and wake up screaming. This has happened twice and scared my husband to death.  I never did that until this past week.  He has confiscated my Tales From the Crypt tapes, because he thinks that is it--I had not even seen them!  Just taped a marathon recently.  I didn't tell him I had not watched any of the tapes, because I was afraid he might go after my DS tapes next!!!!!!!!!!!Horrors!
Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2003, 09:29:49 AM »

Apartment? I don't mean to sound creepy, but I'd check for a hidden camera if I were you, John. Especially if the super wears a lot of leather. ;)

Dom

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2003, 01:27:57 PM »
The next time someone is trying to explain something to you just look them square in the eye and say "What do you mean??"

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2003, 04:36:51 PM »

Apartment? I don't mean to sound creepy, but I'd check for a hidden camera if I were you, John. Especially if the super wears a lot of leather. ;)

Actually, YOU might want to consider installing a hidden camera.....to see just who the hell is entering your apartment when you're not there!

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2003, 07:20:09 PM »
You can buy all the blue candles, ornately carved period furniture and frilly canopy beds you want BUT...until you score one of those multi-colored granny afghans you just won't have an authentic Collinwood of your own to love!  
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2003, 10:16:34 PM »
When I was a kid, I loved playing Barnabas.  I had a cane, would put a blanket over my shoulders to serve as his Sherlock Holmes cape, and a friend of mine had one of those old toy things where you could make plastic things like fangs.

When the show first aired, during the David-tries-to-kill-his-father story, I pretended I was David.  I would use an old hotel room key chain (remember those? - the big plastic things that had the address on them which stated you could just drop the key into the nearest mailbox if you forgot to leave it at the hotel and it would get mailed) as the brake valve and would hide it.

Of course, I don't do any of that stuff today, otherwise I'd get stranger looks than what I get now.  

But when we were kids, we also played who-murdered-Barbie?  Our friends next door (the sister, at least), had the whole 60's Barbie stuff, including one of the first Barbie houses and Barbie car.  We had our GI-Joes and would bring them over.  Going up into the attic which was a veritable paradise for a kiddie playland, we'd put Barbie in her car, and the "brakes" would fail, sending her careening off the "cliff" (the attic stairs).  If we really wanted to make it realistic, we'd pull her head off.  And then the process of solving "who murdered Barbie" would begin.  Usually it was either Ken or one of our GI-Joe's, jealous over Barbie's attention to either one or the other.

Gerard