Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0185  (Read 884 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0185
« on: April 07, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0185
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 11:06:07 AM »
I was amazed that Sam didn't like the Old House.  Remember a while back when he was all excited about the prospect of painting an old rotting hulk of a ship on the beach?  How then can he not want to paint an old rotting hulk of a house?

Golly, David's such a nice, boyish kid these days that it's just sickening.

Oh dearie me, John Lasell sure made his lines in the car sound clunky.  I grant you, they weren't very good.  But I guarantee you Louis Edmonds would have made them sound like Shakespeare.  My boy Daniel Keyes would have made them sound like Edgar Allen Poe.  John Lasell, however, made them sound like something written by an eight-year-old.  A really untalented eight-year-old.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 11:57:27 AM »
Poor Guthrie, having to narrate his own car crash.   I think the ridiculous thing was having him do that, and that no one could have sounded right in the head, doing it.  But then, Lasell's last talk with Laura and his current woes are making me unexpectedly in favor of him.

I liked the brief shot of Laura as Guthrie was still hanging on by the fire, where her expression seemed to say "Get on with dying Guthrie, I haven't got all day!"   **  When did Guthrie move to a hotel?

I love how, now that everyone knows about Laura, they adopt a generally cool, polite, self-assured tone with her.  They know she knows they know, and give out zero information with obviously insincere smiles-- Roger and Vicki, anyway.   There's a sort of snotty undertone to the politeness...

Then, Ang music for five seconds, as Mrs. J walks in!   She's a witch!   Then she gabs to Laura about the seance, not because she suddenly started trusting Laura, I guess, but because she's there, and she's an audience.

Laura can create an image of fire, making PG unable to see properly.  But how is it that she can make his foot stay on the accellerator?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 12:59:15 AM »
Later: [spoiler]In this episode, the location of the portrait of Barnabas is seen, less than four weeks before it will appear for the first time. (Yes! YES!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!) In the foyer, Laura sits on a chair under the spot where it will be hung on the wall.[/spoiler]

Dr. Guthrie's car crash is actually a recycling of Roger's accident way back in episode 15, but still very scary!

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 06:27:04 PM »
Here we have Mrs. J, the informant. What happened to, “I don't gossip about people I work for, I never have and never will”?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Watching Project

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 05:33:03 PM »
The Robservations caps for this ep have been posted.  [easter_smiley]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 05:18:08 AM »
Guthrie grabs David and the spell is broken. If I were he, I would never leave David's side. Vickie is bold to say soon they will know.  David is thrilled to be in the seance at the Old House. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 05:41:42 AM »
Here we have Mrs. J, the informant. What happened to, “I don't gossip about people I work for, I never have and never will”?

She was in gossip mode when she said that...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor