Author Topic: OT: My Cat Got a Gold Star!  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:OT: My Cat Got a Gold Star!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2003, 05:28:00 PM »
Teresa, you took the words right out of my mouth (off of my fingers?  ;)). What beautiful blue eyes Snoopy has, Cassandra!!

To change the subject, though, and not really trying to put a damper on all this sharing of pet photos because I'm a huge animal lover and I'm really enjoying them too, BUT please try to keep in mind that 1) the attachment feature is supposed to be used to share DS related photos by 2) people who don't have their own Web space and need to upload their pics to the forum's. Those criteria were originally laid out in the "Posting Attachments" announcement atop the Testing board and then reinforced in reply #23 of "testing attachments", also on Testing, after Patti had tested attaching a picture of her son Tommy and asked if posting attachments like that was "going to 'take up' or 'waste' alot of space".

If it was a case that our host provided us with unlimited Web space, I'd be all for everyone being able to attach all sorts of photos/files to their posts - but sadly that isn't the case...

Thanks.  :)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2003, 11:19:28 AM »
Thanks MB, Mark & Theresa,  yes, his eyes are really very blue. I thought that maybe they would change as he got a little older, but they've stayed blue.

The photo below was the one that  I originally wanted to post but for the life of me couldn't figure out how to minimize the size down too 100kb. But after trying for hours, I finally did it.  I wanted to post this one because I thought it was so cute.  It's a picture of Snoopy sound asleep & cuddling up to my cat Meow. They sort of reminded me of an old married couple when I saw that!  Anyway, if anyone's interested, here's the link:

[See reply #27 -- Midnite]

(MB, is it okay to just post the link then if you want to send a photo as to not use up the web space?  Or, does this not make a difference?  If not then you can delete it if you want.)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2003, 11:34:02 AM »
Cassandra,

He was referring to the attachment feature, but anyway, I can't for the life of me get your link to work. :(

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2003, 12:06:15 PM »
He was referring to the attachment feature, but anyway, I can't for the life of me get your link to work. :(

Thanks Midnite.
 I wonder why you can't get to the link.  That's strange.   I've tried it several times now and it works each time for me? ???

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2003, 03:33:00 PM »
I can't for the life of me get your link to work. :(
I can't either Cassandra. When I click on it, I get a search engine.
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2003, 05:38:05 PM »
You're probably seeing a cached copy, Cassandra.  I'll try playing with the link again now that I've had some sleep. ;)  The pic is absolutely adorable; thanks for emailing it!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2003, 06:31:17 PM »
Cassandra,

According to YB Help, free Yahoo Briefcase accounts aren't accessible to the public, but regardless of whether you have the free or the Premium account I should be able to access the picture via your URL once I'm signed onto Yahoo.  Assuming that your permissions are set so that I'm allowed to see it, the problem may be that your URL isn't correct.  You could try this:  Open the folder that contains this picture, check the box next to the name of the photo, and click "Email".  Then enter midnite@dsboards.com (you can enter up to 5 addresses) and click "Send".  That'll send the URL to my mailbox and I could try reposting the link for you.  I don't know what else to tell you, sorry.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2003, 10:51:52 PM »
Thanks,  I just sent you the picture from there now.  Hope it works!  ;)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2003, 12:44:07 AM »
Thanks!  I tried but it only works for a short while because the URL keeps changing, so I'm sorry to say it can't be linked to the forum from that site. :-

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2003, 04:57:12 AM »
First, to Midnite, your last post implied that you had the corrected URL, but I don't see anything.

Second, to MB, I was going to quote from yours, but when I tried it, I got the message:  Session check failure. Please try again.

Trying again produced the same result.

So, here's my own quoting from the post:

[Quote from MB]

"If it was a case that our host provided us with unlimited Web space, I'd be all for everyone being able to attach all sorts of photos/files to their posts - but sadly that isn't the case..."

------
Is it necessary to keep everything forever?  Perhaps there could be an understanding that with OT pictures it will just be temporary.  If people could continue to post pictures of their children or pets, for instance, but it would be with the understanding that it would be deleted after a week, would that work?

Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2003, 06:03:08 AM »
Is it necessary to keep everything forever?  Perhaps there could be an understanding that with OT pictures it will just be temporary.  If people could continue to post pictures of their children or pets, for instance, but it would be with the understanding that it would be deleted after a week, would that work?

Speaking for myself, no.  I'm putting in a lot of time on the forums for various reasons that are all related to a passion for DS, but those pics aren't going to delete themselves and I'm not willing to dedicate even more time in order to manage an off-topic photo album, sorry.

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2003, 06:50:58 AM »
I posted a few links sometime back in August in the testing board on where some really free and easy places are to post pictures on this board without using the attachment feature.

So, here are two which look really suited for us here.

Village Photos
Web Shots
Here is my cat (an image linked from Village Photos):   She is such a good cat that she comes in pink, never needs to go to the vet, she never makes me sneeze, and I never have to change a litter box. :)

Thanks all for posting your pictures and for the cat report Sheenasma.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2003, 10:39:10 AM »
Thanks again for trying Midnite and for all that you do here to help us out. Maybe it was just something with the Yahoo site.
Anyway, Im trying out the sites that Victoria Winters had suggested so I'll post this link and hopefully this one works.  Thanks Victoria for posting these links. :)

Cassandra

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-12/530684/SnoopysleepingnexttoMeow.jpg

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2003, 01:50:42 PM »
That links works perfectly, Cassandra!

What a great photo. It brings back a lot of great pet memories because when I was a kid my dogs and cats used to sleep all wrapped around each other too. I used to wonder what all the fuss was about dogs and cats not getting along.  ;)

(One of my dogs even let one of the cats ride on his back!  :D  Don't think I have a photo of it, though...)

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2003, 12:13:53 AM »
Oh that is adorable. Isn't it nice when siblings get along :-)
What a nice photo Cassandra. And Lorranine, my cats look out that window at squirrels that live in a tree near the house and we also put a bird feeder right outside the window.
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"