Author Topic: PRIMARY PROP  (Read 4338 times)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re: PRIMARY PROP
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2002, 12:37:53 AM »
I would have to join in with the crowd and say the one I love best is Josette's music box.  Along with Jennifer I think I developed a love of these from watching DS.  In fact I have several music boxes.  No replica's though.  There is something so romantic about a music box.

Next I would pick the gramma phone.  I have a weekness also for antigues.  

Barn's ring and cane

I have a ring I bought as a child that was very much like the one Aristede wore in the l897 story line.  It is still in my box of treasures.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline MrsJ

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2002, 01:52:11 AM »
How about Julia's medical bag?  Always wondered about it's contents...sedatives, hypos, cigarettes, and a wooden stake and hammer just in case...

MrsJ.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2002, 02:53:06 AM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

I would have to say that my two favorite Dark Shadows props are: Number One -  the stogie which Bob Rooney has clenched in his teeth for seemingly the entire the nearly five-year-run of the show, and Number Two - Bob Rooney's stylish flannel shirts, which he even wore during the dog days of summer (Bob's royal stewart flannel shirt is my personal favorite).

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who says the heck with the Big Game, bring on the Mega-Millions Game!!!

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2002, 02:54:59 AM »
There were so many props used during the run of the Series. The range was from a deck of Tarot cards to a music box. Everyone came away with a favorite. What is yours and why?

Where do I begin? As a child I longed for a ring like Barnabas' but I could never find one. The closest I ever got was one of those mood rings. The stone turned black after awhile.

Would also love to have a replica of Josette's music box but they are way too pricey for me.

David's crystal ball is pretty cool. I have a small one, not that big.

Would love to have one of the portraits used in the show, such as Barnabas' portrait, Angelique's or Josette's. Even one of the unidentified portraits on the walls of Collinwood, or the portrait Vicki found of Betty Hanscomb.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2002, 02:57:26 AM »
What I did crave and demanded until my own set was given to me were Magda's tarot cards

Interesting story - my mother bought a set of Tarot cards in the 70's and learned how to do readings with them. However, every time she read the cards for someone they always predicted the death of someone close to them - and each time it came true! After about the 3rd time that happened she put the cards away and never took them out again.

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2002, 03:13:26 AM »
I have a few favorite props as follows:

watch fob belonging to Gerard Stiles (love to have it for my watch collection)

Sam Evan's paint brushes and palatte

Petofi's ring and I Ching wands

Angelique's locket from NODS

and Josette's Music Box (not the MPI version)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2002, 03:44:59 AM »
Gothick wrote:
Does Cassandra Collins' wig collection count as a prop?  That would be on my list, too.

I think they count as living entities, lol, especially the first one which I believe I described rather accurately in a fanfic as "that ratnest of a wig."

I'll skip the afghan, tacky portraits, music box, the all purpose Naga box, etc.  

I wouldn't mind some of the furniture, lamps, or any of Joan Bennett's jewelry.  

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Karen_#2

• Junior Poster
  • "WHOA CAMEL! WHOA!! When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2002, 03:45:30 AM »
Bob Rooney's stylish flannel shirts, which he even wore during the dog days of summer (Bob's royal stewart flannel shirt is my personal favorite).

Right on Bob!
Ditto goes for me, for Rooney's royal Stewart tartan flannel shirt. Always a sign of a good bartender  ;)

Karen #2
(member of the Clan Stewart)
"The Collins blood always had a rather....persistant strength"                       Barnabas to Elizabeth  1967

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2002, 05:46:22 AM »
i would say it would have to be that same newspaper declaring "local girl missing" that appears in much later episodes..i believe i seen chris jennings reading it in the cottage.  also that petofi hand box, that was all over the place.
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2002, 06:00:24 AM »
That black and white shot of KLS that Maggie Evans kept framed in her room belongs in a class all its own.  Man, that thing creeped me out.
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2002, 06:15:16 AM »
I loved Julia's cigarette holder and her gloves. . .pull them on, pull them off, express your angst honey!  I don't really thinkof Quentin's gramaphone as a prop. .as you don't touch it, hold it and such as an actor does some of the other things .. . the wolfhead cane is WAAAAY up there too. . where would Barney be with out it?? What would he have beat Willie with, his hands?? eeeeeekkkkkk :o
Julia99

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2002, 07:40:51 AM »
That black and white shot of KLS that Maggie Evans kept framed in her room belongs in a class all its own.  Man, that thing creeped me out.

I never got that.  When Amanda had her head shots prominently displayed throughout her hotel suite, I thought it was pretty vain, but I figured actor=vain, although it was still on the odd side (who travels around with framed photographs of themselves?).

But here's Maggie, small town girl and she has a picture of herself, framed and on her dresser???

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2002, 08:09:05 AM »

I never got that.  When Amanda had her head shots prominently displayed throughout her hotel suite, I thought it was pretty vain, but I figured actor=vain, although it was still on the odd side (who travels around with framed photographs of themselves?).

But here's Maggie, small town girl and she has a picture of herself, framed and on her dresser???

Luciaphil

My ex-roommate had more pictures of herself in her room that flakes of dust. . .Also, actors do seem to have lots of photos and portraits of themselves around. . how many Barbara Walters interviews have we seen where the "actor" sits before some portrait of themself. .i can count at least 5. . .even Goldie Hawn with I think wouldn't have such a swelled head. . .??
Julia99

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2002, 12:14:26 PM »
The day I got my very own (sadly, plastic), Josette's music box in the mail in 1970 was a happy day for me!  While I preferred the original song, I liked the second, too, and was delighted to have that tune where I could play it whenever I wanted.  

I found my own Barnabas' ring in the defunct Time Square Stores.  When I looked into a case in the jewelry department, I was so excited, I could barely breathe!  I asked the salesperson to let me see it, and she handed it over.  I slipped it onto my forefinger (perfect fit, didn't even need to use the adjustment) reverently and bought it then and there.  It looks exactly like the ring Barnabas wears, and yes, I still have it!

Never got myself a Willie beater, but I do think of that, and Barnabas' cloak, as DS' most familiar props.

Petofi's hand box, which showed up all over Collinwood, LOL, as well as that crazy afghan.  I had a similar one, but it fell apart a few years ago..

Julia's medallion!  She hypnotized so well and often with that blasted thing.  "Find the center of the light!"

Love, Robin

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2002, 08:47:53 PM »

Luciaphil

LOL Luciaphil She was pretty vain but she was an actor!
the picture of KLS was pretty weird! I would not want a picture of myself on my dresser ,not because i'm ugly or anything :o), i just think it is a bit stange! Is there a story behind that anyone?

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV