Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0849  (Read 1208 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0849
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:59:38 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0849
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 01:14:05 AM »
Lady Hampshire thinks that Petofi is behind the music box.  They appear to have an interesting backstory.  later Quentin tells her the box belonged to Barnabas whose portrait she had flashes of earlier. 
Julia is determined to stay and carry out Barnabas' mission whatever that may be at this time.
Aristede has returned. Apparently being out in the world alone was less preferable to facing the wrath of and face slapping he got on his return.
Beth looks into the cabinet and sees modern Collinwood and Quentin and revealing that Quentin will be in 1968 and living at Collinwood.  Apparently all will be forgiven for his ghostly haunting, murder and nearly causing David's death. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 03:16:29 PM »
I admire Julia's determination to stay and carry out whatever plan she and Barnabas and Angelique had formed together, but I do think it was foolish of her to stay somewhere nearby where Petofi can come and intimidate her. She should have stayed [spoiler] with Barnabas in the cave he was hiding, keep a low profile and carry out her injections on him there. [/spoiler]

And what if Edward had discovered where she was? How would she have been able to explain why she left Collinwood as she did and why she was living at the rectory and what the heck she's been up to since then?

Unfortunately, Petofi now has discovered the way to get to the future without risking his life. Poor Quentin is really in trouble now!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 12:10:46 PM »
Lady Hampshire thinks that Petofi is behind the music box.  They appear to have an interesting backstory.
Yes, as Petofi and Kitty were talking, I was thinking that I would love to see the story acted out.  Why did Petofi bring the the Earl down?  He wouldn't have done it out of sheer malice; there must have been something in it for Petofi.

Meanwhile, we're seeing how Kitty got herself promoted from governess to countess: by boldness and determination.  There was a hint from Petofi that once upon a time, even being a governess was a step up.  I'm not sure about that, though.  He suggests that her original station in life was pretty awful, but maybe that's how he thinks of being a governess.

I was thinking today that the big difference between Kitty and Rachel was courage, but I changed my mind.  Rachel was very brave.  But she had no thought of self-advancement.  When Rachel learned of Barnabas's engagement to Angelique, she put aside all thought of him.  For her, it wasn't about advancement, but about caring.  If Kitty had been in Rachel's place, I think she would have continued to pursue Barnabas.

I was surprised to learn that Quentin was familiar with the music box, and that he said it belonged to Barnabas.  When last we saw it, Barnabas was giving it to Rachel.  Quentin couldn't have seen it before that.  Did Rachel give it back to Barnabas on learning that he was engaged to Angelique?  Or did Barnabas go and take it from her things after she died?  Or did the music box trot back to Barnabas on its own?

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 11:35:54 PM »
what happened to the music box in the interval seems to be another plotpoint sacrificed to storytelling over character development.  A scene where Rachel gave it back and explained why, would have done a lot to develop her character.
 In regards to Kitty's station in life, I would think  that Petofi would find any other life than one of elite status to be contemptable.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 03:55:29 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Julia told Quentin that she was working on something having to do with Barnabas, but she wouldn't tell him what it was.
2. Aristede came back.
3. Count Petofi "tested" Julia by putting poison in her drink, but found out she couldn't die - her "astral self" was in 1897 and her physical body was in 1969.
4. Quentin told Kitty that the music box belonged to Barnabas.
5. Count Petofi showed Beth a vision of the future - 1969 - and Quentin was there. Petofi then realized that he needed a body to inhabit in 1969.

It was amusing when Kitty incorrectly thought that Count Petofi was the one who caused Charity's vision about the music box and that CP placed it in her room. CP would have loved to lay claim to that, but, for once, it wasn't him! [santa_wink]

How convenient that Count Petofi was able to make Beth forget about the vision she saw of Quentin in the future. [santa_smiley] It would be nice to be able to make people forget things you wish they didn't know sometimes. [santa_lipsrsealed]

Kitty sure had lots of gumption and smarts.  [santa_azn] She and Rachel were very different people. Rachel seemed more like a "victim" to me. Kitty had a "get rich scheme" plan in motion. [spoiler]Too bad her being the reincarnation of Josette made it so she couldn't carry out her plan.  [santa_undecided] It would have been fun to watch. [/spoiler]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]