Author Topic: Want to see the 2004 pilot on DVD? Go to the Warner Video TV chat tonight!  (Read 2699 times)

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
Nope. Apparently, unless you have a DSL or Cable connection, you don't have a chance in hell of being quick enough to get through as one of the people lucky enough to ask a question. I'm still saddled with dial-up, so that left me out.

It's not about DSL it's about being quick on the draw.

I am really surprised with such low prices why you don't have DSL.  They are really competitive now.  Realistically, it's not that much more expensive then dial-up and a lot more secure because you can be behind a router.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
from their POV the point of releasing sets is to make money, not simply to make fans happy. If they're not going to turn a profit, there's really nothing in it for them.

Well this I totally agree with.  I wasn't aware the show wasn't selling well.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
I am really surprised with such low prices why you don't have DSL.  They are really competitive now.

It's not always about price.  In some places you can't GET the DSL package you want.  They are like Cable TV companies.  One DSL company 'owns' an area, and another DSL company can't offer service.  Where I live, I would KILL to get Verizon DSL at their $14.95/month price.  But because another DSL company (most likely Comcast) services the area, Verizon can't hook me up where I live.  Comcast by the way is almost $50/month AND they don't offer a discount to current cable TV customers like me.  So I've be paying over $100 for both Comcast Email and TV service.  Total BS!   >:(

Realistically, it's not that much more expensive then dial-up and a lot more secure because you can be behind a router.

Actually, that's not true.  Land-lines (dial-up) are more secure--UNLESS you have a firewall, which a lot of ppl don't have because they don't think about security.
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It's not about DSL it's about being quick on the draw.

One might think so, but that didn't seem to be the case - at least not for me. I pre-typed "YO" (what's required to be recognized) long before it was asked for and sent it the instant it was asked for, but I never got through quick enough to be in the group quick enough to ask a question. Obviously my lag time was, well, lagging behind.  ::)

I am really surprised with such low prices why you don't have DSL.  They are really competitive now.

It's not always about price. In some places you can't GET the DSL package you want.

This is exactly true. A few years back I tried to get DSL from a provider only to discover there were no openings for any new connections in the local hub. And last year, despite hearing terrible stories about their service, I foolishly believed my experience with them might be different, so I tried to get Verizon only to go through a month of shear hell with them that finally ended up with me telling them that I wouldn't want Verizon DSL even if they paid me to use it. And since then I've contacted several local area providers, but the story is always the same: there aren't any openings in the local hub for new connections. I'm currently on a waiting list with three different providers. But unless several people suddenly up and cancel their service, it looks like I'm going to have a long wait because I'm not the first name on any of the lists...

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Sheesh!!.....I guess having to pay Cablevision a King's ransom every month is worth it!!

Next time I complain about that bill, somebody slap me...... ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
It's a drama about men suffering from side effects caused by Viagara.  >:D
i thought that was Big Love ;D

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV