Author Topic: "Regular" Forum  (Read 899 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
"Regular" Forum
« on: January 27, 2004, 05:02:50 AM »
I'm sure you're busy working on the "real" forum and so must know anything that goes on there--but I thought I'd mention that I noticed a new post over there which isn't here.  I would assume you'd either want to transfer it here, or at least make sure not to lose it over there when things return to normal.
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:"Regular" Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 06:09:31 AM »
I'm sure you're busy working on the "real" forum and so must know anything that goes on there but I thought I'd mention that I noticed a new post over there which isn't here.

The original forum is moderated same as before and that topic was locked this morning, but thank you.  :)  We know about the new registration there too.

We're actually managing 3 message board sites right now-- the old forum, this temporary forum, and the beta version of a future forum version that we're in the process of testing.  Sleep?!  We don't need no stinkin'... ;)

I would assume you'd either want to transfer it here, or at least make sure not to lose it over there when things return to normal.

And the answer is C) none of the above.

We hoped the large news item on every page of the original forum which says
Until further notice, please post all messages, make any changes to
your account, and register any new memberships at our temporary home
located at:
http://www.dsboards.com/yabbse/index.php

Thank you
would discourage such things, but alas, it wasn't to be.  :(  The fact of the matter is that the forum was backed up in its entirety immediately before the move to this temp site, and while we might (if time allows) invite a poster to repost any message added since then or a new member to reregister here, any new additions to that forum won't be transferred by us and WILL be lost in the next move.