Author Topic: "New" blues  (Read 911 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
"New" blues
« on: June 05, 2002, 07:12:09 PM »
Is there any significance to the erratic reappearance of the blue "New" marker on topics that haven't been touched for months?

What is it...sun spots?....alien rays from outer space?....ghosts in the machine?

Is there any other remedy than to just keep "marking them as read"?

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: "New" blues
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2002, 12:36:56 AM »
Is there any significance to the erratic reappearance of the blue "New" marker on topics that haven't been touched for months?

What is it...sun spots?....alien rays from outer space?....ghosts in the machine?

There's a lengthy explanation of this situation back in the "Forever New" topic from April 3rd. Click here to check it out. :)

Is there any other remedy than to just keep "marking them as read"?

Well, all the information concerning every topic that we read could be kept in our personal log files indefinitely. But eventually it would begin to take several minutes just to access any of the forum's message indexes because the system would be reading through every member's ever increasingly gigantic log files every time they first accessed a board. Somehow I doubt any of us would really want that. So, unfortunately, I suppose the simple answer is no. [wink2]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: "New" blues
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2002, 05:17:44 AM »
So, unfortunately, I suppose the simple answer is no. [wink2]

The simple answer works for me.
Thanks,
Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas