Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 2416 times)

Offline AllenCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:  Hi!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2002, 11:58:09 PM »
Welcome Lindsey!,
Reading your post and Stokes' reply reminds me of myself when I started really getting into DS. Like you and Stokes I was around 17 when I got into it. I barely remember my brother and sister watching first time around. I can definately relate to going to schoole explaining the show to friends and having them give you the dear in the headlights look. The teachers were hip to it because alot of them watched when they were kids.

Enjoy the board, there are some very cool people here.

B
Do you ever feel like lifes a tuxedo and your the pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2002, 02:04:49 AM »
Welcome Lindsey!  

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Lindsey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2002, 03:28:20 AM »
Thanks for such a warm welcome! In answering one of your questions, yes, my dad still watches the show. He is not heavily into it, he is a school teacher and after school, when I get home, we watch it together. Usually, he isn't paying too much attention because he is on the computer with his racing stuff. (Now THAT'S something he's obsessed with!). I have not seen the full run of the series yet. I started watching it closely towards the end of the Dream Curse. Plus, I still have missed TONS of episodes due to school and homework. For instance, I have never seen Angelique place her infamous curse on Barnbas, or Barnabas brick up Trask, and other pivotal events. I just know about them because I will read about it or you can tell by watching later episodes. I was involved in my school musical, Titanic, from January to the middle of April, and missed a lot of 1795. We had practices pretty late every night, especially the closer we got to opening night. I barely had time to do my homework, let alone watch televison! It was definately a learning experience though. I could never understand when I read transcripts from the DS stars why they said the "live shooting" was so wonderful and how you got your best performances from it. But it's true! In live theatre, there is always the chance that something could go wrong and it is such an adrenaline rush! lol :) Anyway, I am excited about school ending so I can actually be able to catch everyday's episodes! Again, thanks for such a wonderful welcome and I look forward to talking to everyone!
-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline ElizabethGrayson

• Junior Poster
  • Would you care to pet my dragon?
    • View Profile
    • Jen's Eclectic Corner...
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2002, 03:42:50 AM »
Hi Lindsey, and welcome! Hope you like it here - - we're a friendly group here and love to chat about DS.  My favorites are Quentin and Beth, but my hubby loves Angelique.  Look forward to hearing from you!

EG
Always remember you have the knowledge to do what's right, and the power to right what's done.
(Bill Sisler, "Fields of Honor")

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2002, 05:24:00 PM »
Welcome to the board, Lindsey!  [wavey]
It is good to see a young person who has both good taste AND her priorities straight (i.e. schoolwork first).  Sadly, this is often not the case.

Happy DS watching!!!  
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Linda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Virtual Series
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2002, 03:49:50 AM »
Hi Lindsey,

Welcome!  I used to race home from school to watch DS during its original run!  I found one local station showing reruns for a limited time back in the 80's, but the show was on at midnight BEFORE the era of VCRs... :)

Luckily, my cable company picked up SciFi back in the late 90's, and I discovered, completely by accident one morning, that they had just started showing the DS episodes again...and at a reasonable time, too.  :D

Glad you quit lurking and came aboard!

Cheers,

Linda

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2002, 07:47:06 AM »
Hi Lindsey!

WOW another 16-year-old!! That's sooo kewl! I never knew there was another one out there! All my friends think I'm like.....insane. LOL But I am, so I don't really mind. They all made fun of Quentin, though.....  :'(

But anyway, welcome 2 the board!!! I have a friend [or several] named linZ/linsey/lindsay, etc.......that's kewl  ;D LOL okies Enjoy DS!!!!!

*~*
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^