Author Topic: Subject Field  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Subject Field
« on: March 10, 2003, 04:15:44 PM »
Why is it necessary for my whole message to be deleted because I commit the unpardonable error of forgetting to put something, ANYTHING, in the subject field?

Is it an IE compatability problem?  Is it a glitch that's going to be worked out?  Is it a mortal sin I must learn NEVER, EVER to commit again?

What a pain in the ass to have a long post vanish at the click of a 'preview'!

r/p
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Subject field
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2003, 02:46:23 AM »
What a pain in the ass to have a long post vanish at the click of a 'preview'!

I can imagine!  If you upgrade to or install Netscape 6.X, you'll find your message intact after using the Back link or button if you should accidentally submit or preview it without a title.  Sorry, but the same thing happens to me now in IE and I don't know what else to suggest.

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
Re:Subject Field
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 10:33:54 AM »
i oftentimes have had similar experiences on msn groups as well as various other places.  oftentimes, i will copy a longer post into word pad or my work processor and then hit the post or preview.  that way i have it handy and don't have to re-do the entire post.  (i even made up some word processor macros for some of the repetitive dsboards.com codes.)

on some of my previous longer posts (particularly the opera segment stuff where a lot of research went into it) i will work it out in the word processor to begin with as it's much easier for me to spell check and what not.

speaking of which are we gonna get spell check back or enable right click?  i have a browser spell checker that i can't seem to use in here since right click appears to be disabled.  thanks.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 08:24:29 PM »
Speaking of which are we gonna get spell check back

Spell check is a huge priority and MB has been working on it since we switched to this new version.  Unfortunately, there are no spell check mods for YaBB SE.

or enable right click?  i have a browser spell checker that i can't seem to use in here since right click appears to be disabled

Right click was disabled on the old version too and we don't plan to enable it for security reasons, sorry.  You'd think that security measures wouldn't be necessary on a DS discussion forum, but unfortunately a handful of visitors have proved otherwise. :(

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2003, 03:00:39 AM »
Right click was disabled on the old version too and we don't plan to enable it for security reasons, sorry.  You'd think that security measures wouldn't be necessary on a DS discussion forum, but unfortunately a handful of visitors have proved otherwise. :(

i suppose there are always one or two in the crowd that ruin it for everyone else. :-[