Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0848  (Read 1040 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0848
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:29:15 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0848
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 03:12:31 AM »
This episode should be titled "Everyone loves Amanda."   Quentin, Tim and Chas all vie for Amanda's affection and she chooses Quentin.  He refuses to believe that Tate could have created Amanda, despite the fact that he is a practitioner of the black arts and has witnessed many supernatural events in a short time.  The most exciting thing was that Tate took Q's portrait and that says a lot.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 03:08:09 PM »
This episode should be titled "Everyone loves Amanda."   Quentin, Tim and Chas all vie for Amanda's affection and she chooses Quentin. 

Lucky Quentin....not. What any of these guys sees in Amanda is a mystery to me. [hall2_shocked] Although I will say that of all the 3 guys, Quentin seems the best catch.

Tim at first shows concern for her after he gets back from Petofi after his 'vision' going through the door in I-Ching. He wants to take he away, she refuses, he learns of her feelings for Quentin, they argue, then Tim huffs and puffs and declares they deserve each other and storms out. He's thoroughly angry that he can't use her in his plot to get Trask anymore and decides not to care anymore. I've said it before and I'll say it again, what a prince Tim has become...not. [hall2_tongue]

How arrogant and selfish Tate is though, to think that just because he drew Amanda to life, she 'belongs' to him, like she was a piece of property. It was also cruel of him to insist that Quentin would never love her if he knew what she was. Tate may love Amanda, but he's not above being emotionally abusive to her to get what he wants. Little wonder that Amanda wants nothing to do with the guy.

Quentin is the only one who really treats Amanda well throughout the entire episode even if he doesn't believe Tate's story that he created Amanda from paint and onto paper. Frankly I wished he'd let Tim or Tate fight over her and go back to Beth. This out-of-the-blue romance between Quentin and Amanda rings false to me.

So now Tate behaves like a 5-year-old and has stolen Quentin's portrait. What an imbecile. Destroying Quentin's painting won't get him Amanda, if he thinks it does, then he's even more dumber than I thought.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 06:57:55 PM »
I don't see the cogency of the "You could disappear at any time" argument that Tate used on Amanda.  Anyone can die at anytime, and Quentin won't have to pay funeral expenses for Amanda.  On the other hand, with the way people die and come back to life at the drop of a hat on Dark Shadows, maybe Tate's not being so terribly silly after all.  You can't bring back to life a body that isn't there.  By the way, if you prick Amanda, does she bleed?  Or does she have no insides because a painting doesn't have insides?  Except of course, for Quentin's bleeding portrait.

I think Tim is the best of the threesome of Quentin, Charles, and Tim.  Unlike Quentin, Tim will be a good provider, and as soon as he learned Amanda was in danger at Collinwood, he dropped everything to run and tell her to forget about his big plan and get out.  And he's more fun than Tate.

Amanda's room didn't look as though it belonged at Collinwood.  When she and Tim were talking, I kept wondering if he had summoned her to the Collinsport Inn, and then reminding myself that she had told him at the beginning of the conversation that it wasn't a good idea for him to be at Collinwood.  The comforter on her bed looked familiar, however, though I can't remember where we've seen it before.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 03:24:31 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Tim told Amanda that she had "no mortality" and the man who Tate created disappeared when he "died".
2. Tate told Quentin that he created Amanda when he drew her, but Quentin didn't believe him.
3. Tate also told Quentin that his portrait "absorbed" the werewolf curse and if the portrait were destroyed, he would turn back into a werewolf again.  
4. Quentin and Amanda agreed to meet at the train station the next day at 5:45 PM.
5. Tate stole Quentin's portrait.

This episode should be titled "Everyone loves Amanda."  
LOL! [santa_smiley] I, too, fail to see how the three men could have been so attracted to her. [santa_huh] The only thing that I could see is that she was very attractive.  [gorgeous] But she was whiny and her voice didn't sound all that appealing to me.

It was funny when Quentin lowered Tate's hand because it was too close to his face. [santa_grin]

Not much else to say about this episode, except that Quentin looked as handsome as ever. [luv]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]