Author Topic: Who would have made an interesting love interest for Julia besides Barnabas?  (Read 12708 times)

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
This subject may have been already done before and if it has sorry about over looking it.

I was watching some of the DS episodes that involved Nicholas Blair and Julia Hoffman and I thought they would have made an interesting couple.

Not to say I wanted the Julia/Barnabas storyline to end now...

But it would have been kind of interesting to see Barnabas' reaction to someone luring her away from him.

In the scenes I saw Grayson Hall and Humbert Allen Astredo in... To me they had some interesting on screen chemistry.

I think they would have been interesting to watch together in a complex story that revolved around them.

FireRose

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
An interesting love interest for Julia....

Mr. Quentin J. Collins.

I rest my case.  (Not that I made a case, mind you)

;D

PS  Actually, I can see lots of possibilities for Julia.  Grayson seems to have had great chemistry with just about everyone IMHO.
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
If they would've really given Julia a serious love interest, I kind of like the idea of Roger and Julia...I'm not sure why.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood

Julia and Professor Stokes.  Definitely. They're both brilliant.  They're both interested in the supernatural (Julia from a scientific perpective and Stokes from an occult one), and after Barnabas, Stokes is probably her closest friend.  I'm pretty sure Stokes felt more than friendship towards Julia.

~Penny Dreadful~
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
Actually, I think Stokes and Julia make a far better pairing than Barnabas and Julia.  I think Barn has too much "baggage"...heck he has whole STEAMER trunks FULL of baggage....  Julia shouldn't have to deal with that.  Plus, I think Barnabas takes her for granted sometimes.  Stokes and Julia just strike me as a great couple.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I think Hall and Astredo had some definite zip in their scenes together. There's Roger. That could have worked, I think. I always feel a little disappointed that Julia and Jason never had any scenes together. That might have had some potential too.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
unfortunatley they didn't seem to want to develop the julia character outside of barnabas.at first she opposes what b's up to,then she becomes his complete ally.but always within his context.

for heaven's sake she didn't even have her own house. :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
Professor Stokes and Julia would have made a very cute couple [book_study] [book2]  although I believe no one was more in love with Julia than Barnabas no matter how much he tried to hide his feelings... [a2a3] on the other hand I could imagine Julia being swept off her feet by none other than Willie Loomis [love7]
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Well, I'm normally an unapologetic  ^-^  *B&J NUT* (I believe that Julia was in love with the B-man, and in the end he had feelings for her as well) but... if we must speculate...  ;D

Besides what others have mentioned, Who could forget  The Jennings Boys[/color]

>:D  Poor Julia...no relief for our girl. Sigh...

[Yeah, that was another digitally altered capture by me...I'm hopeless I tell ya!]

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion...{cough}   :-*

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Never was a big Julia/Barnabas fan. It seems they were always trying to "romanticize" every Barnabas female relationship and I'm surprised they didn't have Mrs. Stoddard fall in love with him too. Was there any woman on the show not getting in on (mentally anyway) or "linked" with Barnabas in some manner? This constant Barnabas pairing turned me off to later Dark Shadows tapes.
But, steering off the subject....I would have gone more with a Dr. Woodard/Julia Hoffman romance. They were both doctors, I really liked the actor - Robert Gerringer [spoiler](I guess he got killed off by Barnabas though I don't have that tape).[/spoiler]It would have made perfect sense - romance while trying to help Barnabas ... and left Barnabas with Josette's memory or back to 1795.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Call me crazy but I think Julia would have been better off with a man younger than herself.  I know a lot of us like the Julia/Barnabas scenario but that might be because we never got to see it and there was always that "thing" there.

But...after careful consideration, I think she would have ended up disappointed and gone searching for greener pastures.

Actually, I was looking at an episode or two with Chris Jennings and all I can say is, I think Julia REALLY wanted him.  She can't seem to keep her hands off of him.  Wish I had the Julia/Tom episodes and more Julia/Chris ones. 

:-

Ya know, I dropped a hint this past December that it would be nice to have the DVD with the Tom the vampire episodes but no one around here (read the darling daughter) picked up on it.  Maybe next time I shouldn't be so subtle.  (Just hold a gun to her head....."Get me the Tom the vampire episodes or you can do your OWN laundry from now on!!!!")
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I always also thought that Julia and either Nicholas or Roger would make an interesting couple.

Gerard

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Heather, that pic was hysterical!!  Thanks for sharing!!

;D

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Well Grayson and Don B did have some chemistry a la the Tom Jennings feasting episodes and right before the Leviathan stuff. . .when they come back from 1897--Chris & Julia get along chummily. . .I also thought though that if that Stage Diva hadn't returned. . Julia's offer to "help" Quentin with his amnesia could've gone a lot further than it did. . .

I know Julia was friends with Stokes and he might've felt more but i don't see them together too much--he's terribly fussy.  Nicki Blair might've been fun . .and you know I don't really see Julia with Roger (also fussy and pompous) but I will say that when Louis was playing Joshua toward the end of 1795 and Grayson was Natalie in Natalie's last 2 eps--I was suprised by the 'chemistry' i suddenly felt those two had.  .

Of course I always wanted the 1st Burke to return from South America alive and have those two mend one another's broken hearts'--
Julia99