Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0593  (Read 1201 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0593
« on: July 23, 2008, 06:52:49 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0593
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 08:09:20 AM »
It looked as though Frid was having trouble with his lines today.  I noticed no obvious bloopers, but some things just didn't go smoothly.

More fun with Maggie in the mausoleum.  Why hasn't she trashed the place? It probably wouldn't get her out of there, but at least it would make her feel better.

I kept thinking of David's dream last year in which he saw a scary woman with a medallion.  Julia's been a Good Guy for quite some time now, so I liked the ambiguous feel of the scene between her and Maggie.

Barnabas didn't berate Julia when she reported her failure with Maggie.  Amazing.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 04:10:01 PM »
Funny, I didn't notice Jonathan having any difficult today. But as you say, it just may not have been that obvious.

At this point in their relationship, I don't find it so odd that Barnabas didn't give Julia a hard time about Maggie. He's human now. Now the old, vampire Barnabas would have been bitching at her without a doubt.

I liked how for once, he was willing to take the responsibility for what's gone wrong. That is definitely a big step forward for him.

Supposing Maggie had gotten out and gotten to the police...would they have believed her? Or would they have thought she was a loony, as Willie had suggested?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 04:27:36 PM »
Supposing Maggie had gotten out and gotten to the police...would they have believed her? Or would they have thought she was a loony, as Willie had suggested?

Well, considering that Barnabas could show that he obviously is not a vampire at this point and the police aren't the slightest bit inclined to accept fantastical explanations, I suspect Maggie could have easily ended up back in Windcliff if she persisted in her claims. Unfortunately for Maggie, she had no real evidence to back her up...

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 09:07:40 AM »
Still, the last thing Barnabas and Julia need right now is anybody even thinking of searching the Old House.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 10:20:52 AM »
There were two milestones today! [winkg] Barnabas appreciated Julia's failed effort to hypnotize Maggie, and he didn't yell at her. [milestone] Also, Barnabas took responsibility for what happened with Carolyn and Maggie. [milestone]

I felt sorry for Adam when I heard Willie say he saw him sitting alone under a tree. [cryg] I was heartened and relieved that Adam put his "killing the Collins family" plan on hold to mourn Carolyn.  [ghost_sad]

That was quite a surprise for Barnabas to find an alive and well Carolyn answering the door!  [ghost_shocked] Barnabas would have been embarrassed if he had told everyone that she was dead, when she really wasn't. (Ironically, not too long ago, Willie had told Maggie that Barnabas was dead, when he really wasn't dead.)  [ghost_wink] I suspect it was Nicholas who brought Carolyn back to life. [ideag]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 11:00:35 PM »
while it's true that barnabas was not in the vampire state by this point in 1968 maggie had in fact been kidnapped and imprisoned by him vampire or not.

she knew about the cell in the old house,josettes's room,the secret room in the mausoleum and she had been missing for several weeks.a mystery never solved.

so while collinsport law enforcement is not the world's most efficient they would at least have to investigate maggie's claims.so while the vampire angle could not have been proven here barnabas,willie and julia would have had alot of explaining to do.

was barnabas ever even officially a "suspect" in maggie's disappearance a year earlier or did the collins family name exclude him from such indignancies?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 07:52:41 AM »
The police in Collinsport always seemed to believe the things the Collins family said.  Though there would have been some fast talking.

This is the beggining of Barnabas and Julia protecting the family from harm.

Nick would not have let this happen he wanted his master race.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 01:42:57 AM »
It was a nice change for Barnabas. I was very happy about that! [skelleton_runs] [skelleton_runs]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books