Author Topic: 25 Great Films That Bombed at the Box Office - 'Hugo' - Chloe Moretz  (Read 531 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Great Films That Bombed at the Box Office - 'Hugo' - Chloe Moretz
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 07:30:04 AM »
I loved Hugo!!  I was kind of lukewarm, wait-and-see through a lot of it, kind of waiting to see just what it was all about, but by the middle and certainly towards the end, I loved it!!!!
Josette

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 08:00:03 PM »
I've never heard of most of those movies and have seen only one, The Children of Men, on the (still then) Sci-Fi Channel.

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 05:53:38 PM »
Great Movies That Flopped At The Box Office: Hugo Lost Over $100 Million Because Of Competition

Gee, I wonder what other movie that Chloe was in didn't make as much money at the domestic box office as it might have been expected to due to huge competition? Though at least it didn't lose $100 Million and in fact made a profit...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 07:34:37 AM »
I loved Hugo!!!
Josette

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2023, 12:44:40 AM »
I take issue with stating that Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - another DS alumni film, of course - was a box-office flop.  Just because it had a three-million dollar budget and it's first weekend made only 2/3 of that doesn't make it a flop. That was just the first weekend. Writers of this stuff seem to forget that there were following weekends with weekdays in-between. I was in junior high when it came out and, trust me, it was a very popular film.  The theater was packed when I and my friends saw it, and I mean packed.  Everyone talked about it, recreated the dialogue, and Candy Man performed by Sammy Davis, Jr. was also a huge radio hit and we sang it over and over again. 

Gerard