Author Topic: Let's DS mobilize!  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Let's DS mobilize!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2003, 10:40:36 PM »
I wore a full length, black wool, hooded cape instead of a winter coat all through high school. But that was more in homage to "Dracula's Daughter" than "Dark Shadows".

I was a strange child.

[lghy] rainey

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2003, 10:47:56 PM »
I wore a full length, black wool, hooded cape instead of a winter coat all through high school. But that was more in homage to "Dracula's Daughter" than "Dark Shadows".

Cool!  :D

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2003, 12:46:19 AM »
a friend of mine had one of those old toy things where you could make plastic things like fangs.

Gerard

Vac-u-form or Incredible Edible???

cheers,
Ringo, who still gets the occasional strange look! [jester]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2003, 01:15:21 AM »
Vac-u-form or Incredible Edible???

I had a thing like that called the Monster Maker. You had molds that you would pour this goo in and it would heat up and then cool to make various creepy things like skulls, bugs etc.

But when we were kids, we also played who-murdered-Barbie

Wow, that reminded me of a game I used to play...mame the little green Army guys! I used to give them to the dog and see what creative ways he could kill them. LOL! Hey, is it me, or are we all starting to sound like a bunch of Wednesday and Pugsley Adams clones!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2003, 03:52:31 AM »
It was either Vac-U-Form or Monster Maker, and I'm leaning towards Monster Maker, but that was back in '69, so the memory's fuzzy.  But I also do remember Incredible Edible!  They don't make stuff like that anymore.  Do they still have Easy-Bake Ovens?  You could make like one small cupcake in them, a lightbulb providing the heat.  Our neighbor (the one who's Barbie always got murdered) had one.

Gerard

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2003, 04:03:34 AM »
How to make your home like Collinwood (and/or The Old House):

Never lock your front door.

Take off all the screens from your windows.

Dedicate one room in the house as the "closed off room," making sure candles are always lit in there.

Install a secret passageway.

Hang plenty of portraits of people you don't know.

Install a wobbly bannister that shakes whenever someone touches it.

Always have a roaring fire, even in the middle of summer.

Periodically wander around the grounds in the middle of the night. Make sure to set up fake trees and shrubs you can knock over.

Let out an ear-splitting scream every so often.

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2003, 01:15:58 PM »
Nice responses Dr. Lang!....and everyone else too!...Thanks for replying.

Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2003, 07:04:25 PM »
I thought we were getting a new forum but when I logged in after cleaning out my browser ((;-)), it still says new forum is on its way.  What gives?

Anyway, I live in a coach home in a secluded (my Uncle calls it isolated) area with a sort of a nature center out back with a creek, big dark cottonwood trees, tall waving grasses and assorted wild life.  Sometimes in the evening just before dark, its kind of foggy looking and I can't see the single family homes off in the distance, I imagine a supernatural creature is back there waiting for me to step out on to the patio.  Brrr.  I love that type of atmosphere! Always makes me think of Dark Shadows.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
OT - the new forum
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2003, 08:22:39 PM »
I thought we were getting a new forum but when I logged in after cleaning out my browser ((;-)), it still says new forum is on its way.  What gives?

Hi Miss_Winthrop!

You were asked to dump your browser cache to get rid of the message that said that the forum was being transferred, and it was-- to a new, temporary server.  Our contract with the old server expired before we were ready to introduce our new plans for the forum, thus the move, but you hopefully won't notice any difference.  So our plans are still underway to make a change, but in the meantime the entire setup had to be moved, including all the files, and MB had to take us offline temporarily to make some necessary changes so that it would be compatible with the new server.  I hope that answers your question.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2003, 02:21:03 AM »
Yes they still make easy bake ovens and i've had to endure those "wonderful" cakes my daughter has made. hey what goes around comes around as my father loves to point out to me. and my brother's GI Joe used to torture our Barbies too Gerard What is with you boys anyway? My cousin who is an only child still has all her Barbies intact and perfect she always asks why ours aren't and i have to always blame old GI JOE!
jennifer

WHO CARES WHO WINS THE SUPERBOWL(sorry that was for my husband who has driven me crazy all day and finally left for a superbowl party!)
i myself will not party till The Red Sox win!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2003, 06:34:14 AM »
Jennifer--the key is to go to the party and never actually watch the game.  We went to a Super Bowl party, put our names in the pool.  I sat with the women solving the real problems of the world while the guys and kids fwere watching the game.  

We were discussing going to flee markets looking for interesting "stuff".  Maybe  I could find something worth  making my home more "Collinwoodish".  

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2003, 10:16:16 AM »

WHO CARES WHO WINS THE SUPERBOWL

i myself will not party till The Red Sox win!

I second that first line!!!  Geeezuz, I am a guy, but I don't understand what it is about a bunch of guys dressed alike doing the same thing over and over for 'points' - the wifey [who CANNOT be replaced, by the way] and I went out to our fave mexican tonight and I sat with my back to the tube in the corner!  And I wore red sox!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2003, 06:33:07 PM »

I second that first line!!!  Geeezuz, I am a guy, but I don't understand what it is about a bunch of guys dressed alike doing the same thing over and over for 'points' - the wifey [who CANNOT be replaced, by the way] and I went out to our fave mexican tonight and I sat with my back to the tube in the corner!  And I wore red sox!

and i bet you looked cute in them too Ringo!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV