Author Topic: His Most "Prized Possession"?  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
His Most "Prized Possession"?
« on: August 01, 2003, 09:36:52 PM »
Hey gang,

I'm sure we all remember how coldly evil Barnabas was during the time that he was under the control of the Leviathans (the so-called "bad" Barnabas of Dark Shadows).  Yes, Barnabas seemed to take great delight in tormenting the doomed Paul Stoddard with repeated talk of Mr. Stoddard's most "prized possession" (which turned out to be his nubile, young daughter, Carolyn)

Well, I wonder what the recently late, unlamented Bruno Hess' most "prized possession" would have been?

Perhaps Bruno might have said that his music was his most prized possesion.  Of course, "Ode to Angelique" might be the most prized composition of this most self-absorbed, "one-hit-wonder." Then again, the Steinway & Sons piano, on which Bruno created his paean to Angelique might have been his most prized possession.

Others might argue that Bruno's extensive and elaborate wardrobe was his most prized possession.  And, let's not forget Bruno's voluminous collection of chains, rings and bracelets, a veritable cornucopia of tawdry silver and gold, enough, I daresay, to make even Little Richard jealous.

Yet, I have to believe that Bruno's most "prized possession" was something much more personal to an individual of Bruno Hess' unrelenting narcissism.  Yes, I'm referring, of course,  to Bruno's own head!  Just think of that pearly-white killer smile, that sharp, but impressive aquiline nose, and topped off by that piece de resistance, Bruno's magnificient head of lustrous hair!

No doubt, Bruno had a demand in his last will and testament that his mumified head be displayed in its rightful place,  immediately next to the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo, so that countless, successive generations could marvel at and appreciate the timeless, esthetic beauty of his Caesar-like cranium.

Bob the Bartender, aspiring phrenologist.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:His Most "Prized Possession"?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2003, 02:30:13 AM »
No doubt, Bruno had a demand in his last will and testament that his mumified head be displayed in its rightful place,  immediately next to the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo, so that countless, successive generations could marvel at and appreciate the timeless, esthetic beauty of his Caesar-like cranium.

Bob the Bartender, aspiring phrenologist.

ROFLMAO!!

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2003, 03:43:51 AM »
Bruno certainly had a gravity defying pompadour.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 02:08:37 AM »
Could it be his ego! that man is so full of himself kinda like Roger]
"please carry my luggage "Clemens Bob [eek]

jennifer
back from the fun and[sun] of wonderful Cape Cod!
it was so muggy down there today i feared my hair was going to puff up like dear old Bruno!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 07:47:31 AM »
Well, I wonder what the recently late, unlamented Bruno Hess' most "prized possession" would have been?

A large can of Aqua Net hair spray & a jar of Dippity Do!!  (remember that stuff, gosh, I hated that Dippidy Do!)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"