Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0864  (Read 835 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0864
« on: October 15, 2009, 10:51:14 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0864
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 05:21:20 PM »
Should we care that Evan is to be buried alive?  He isn't exactly a sympathetic character and is rarely seen.  Quentin's body spares Evan.  Probably because Aristede is not around to bury him alive.  What a fun scene that could have been.  Aristede screaming his lines wild eyed as he shoveled dirt over Evan.
Quentin's body is suspicious of Angelique. 
No not Tate again!.  The shade falls down as Charity enters.  This seems to be the foul up that most the actors recall when they talk about bloopers.  Charity produces 5,000 dollars for Amanda's picture.  I've totaly forgotten why.
Angelique foolishly lets her hiding place at shipwreck point be found and Crazy Charity is the one who has to clue her in that Quentin's body is not occupied by Quentin's mind.
Apparently spell check has finally caught on that Aristede is crooked and wants to replace his name with arrested.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 11:31:05 PM »
While picking captures from this show for the Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) board, I just about fell out of my chair with laughter when I came across this one:

[stfl]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 11:32:35 PM »
Apparently spell check has finally caught on that Aristede is crooked and wants to replace his name with arrested.

Obviously the Spell Check feature is far more perceptive than we might think.  [hall2_grin]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 12:05:11 AM »
Petofi and Angelique both appear to be functioning at low ebb in this episode - both uncharacteristically careless and sloppy.  First we have Petofi in the guise of Quentin "reading" whole musical pieces in the middle of the drawing room, then Angelique not having an excuse handy for when "Quentin" inevitably asks her where she's been (actually, saying she went to get some medicine for her headache would have been a natural lie since she did indeed go to a druggist). 

In fact, Charity seems to be the sharpest tool in the shed at the moment.  And, man, does Nancy Barrett do a great job with her!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 04:00:39 AM »
I agree that both Petofi and Angelique were not being very careful. In Angelique's case it might be a bit more excusable since she has no idea her fiance's body has been taken over by Petofi...still she should be alerted to the fact he's become a bit more forceful and should be wary of arousing his suspicions.

And Petofi defintely should have known better than to be reading musical scores, the last thing anyone would expect Quentin to do, right there in the drawing room without Evan having to tell him. He should have been doing it in the privacy of Quentin's room .

I am surprised that Angelique didn't zap Charity/Pansy one when Charity was gloating over the fact that she and Quentin hadn't gotten married. I guess she doesn't consider Charity a real threat despite her psychic powers.

Finally, someone is catching on to the truth about Quentin.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 11:05:10 AM »
Evan spoke very unexpressively in the cemetery as he was pleading for his life.  Nice job by Humbert Allen Astredo.  I've always thought of Astredo as being perennially the Nicholas Blair type, dapper and unflappable, but I'm finding out he's more interesting than that.

Angelique is getting chemicals from the local pharmacy?  What a chemist she would have made.[spoiler]In the 1960s, Julia had Willie go to a chemical supply company in or near Bangor for the ingredients for the serum for Barnabas, and in 1897 she went to Evan Hanley.[/spoiler]I suppose Angelique threatens to stick pins into a little wax model of a molecule if the chemicals don't do exactly what she wants them to do.

The falling of the windowshade turned into a nice moment for Roger Davis.  I liked the way Tate just stood there, staring at the shade, and then apparently put it out of his mind as being simply not relevant to his shattered life.  Incidentally, just how many thousand-dollar bills was Pansy carrying?  She can't have known what price Tate would set for Amanda's portrait.  I'll bet Tate was wishing he had asked for more.

If Pansy knows now that it's not Quentin who is occupying Quentin's body, why didn't she notice it that night in the Blue Whale when the body-switching back and forth was going on?  What an interesting sight that would have been for Pansy - sort of like a prism turning around, showing first one color, then another.