Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0539  (Read 1279 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0539
« on: May 08, 2008, 09:43:01 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0539
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 09:49:26 AM »
What's going to become of Adam?  He's in trouble with the police, and he needs to be gotten out of Collinsport, but so far he's made it no further than Professor Stokes's home and now he's regressed: he's back on the Collinwood estate.

I keep wondering: what is Angelique's status in the netherworld?  I would have thought she would be burning in Hell for all eternity, but instead she seems to be a member of Diabolos's staff.  How did that happen?  What really bothers me is why she doesn't quit and go sign up with God.  I mean, Nicholas is the boss from Hell, right?  I'd be job-hunting if I were she.

Carolyn surprised me today: she recognized the music on the tape.  She said, “I'll leave you to your Mozart,” or something like that, and said it so casually that she obviously didn't even have to think about it.  I thought all she knew was the latest pop music.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 06:22:26 PM »
Carolyn's schooling seems to be a mystery as she had apparently graduated at age seventeen,  there apparently was no governess for her as Vickie was the first stranger allowed on the estate, and Carolyn talks about growing up lonley in the great house.  So did she go to school in Collinsport  and would that school teach Mozart?   
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 07:08:17 PM »
if i recall it's established in some of the very early episodes that carolyn attended school in collinsport.

collinsport seems like the kind of town that only had one high school and even though joe and maggie are supposed to be a few years older than carolyn it's interesting to think about them in school together.
even then was maggie secretly envious of joe's relationship with the spoiled rich girl?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 07:13:39 PM »
No Collins could have gone to a public school, would they?  Collinsport's too small for a private school ....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 06:33:47 AM »
I don't remember if it was explicitly said, but I got the impression that she got to know Maggie and Joe from school.  There was a scene when she was talking with her mother and I think it was something about what the other kids said about her (Liz).  There was definitely an indication that she had gone to school with the locals.
Josette

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 11:51:33 AM »
I found it ironic that just as Vicki was discovering that Barnabas was dead, Cassandra was telling Nicholas that Barnabas was alive! [ghost_grin] I loved that look of glee on Nicholas' face behind Vicki's back when she told him about Barnabas' "death". [ghost_cheesy]

It was fun to watch Vicki go after Nicholas! She still had some of her smarts left. Nicholas' statement that he "never reveals a lady's age" was priceless! [lghg]

I loved it when Nicholas turned Cassandra's hand to a skeleton. That skeleton hand was so fake! [ghost_rolleyes]

Tape recorders sure were big
in those days, weren't they!? [winkg]

Carolyn and Adam were becoming good friends, but Adam wanted more. Poor Adam!  [ghost_sad] It was nice to see Carolyn having control over Adam - she was able to get him to stay in that lonely room alone.

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 12:59:47 AM »
I wanted to smack that smirk off of Nicholas' face when Vicki told him that Barnabas was dead. [ghost_angry] But then Cassandra came in and told him Barnabas was really alive and he was shocked! I loved it! [ghost_grin]

I would have loved to have seen a bit later on with Maggie, still thinking Barnabas was dead, come up to Collinwood and offer her condolences to the family about Barnabas' "death", like Roger for instance. He'd be like "What the devil are you talking about?! I just saw him a half-hour ago to borrow some brandy!" [ghost_grin]

Nicholas' turning Cassandra's hand into a skeleton was a scream. She did deserve some punishment after all (though not for the reasons Nicholas thought she did).

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 01:36:25 AM »
That bone-hand scene could have used a little extra acting oomph to make it real.    I believed the pathetic bat-on-a-string that made Barnabas a vampire because of the acting.    I know it's a tall order sometimes.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 05:53:03 AM »
The hand notwithstanding, I really loved that scene between the two.  The dialogue was sharp - as is often the case with DS - and the acting sublime.  Cassandra and Nicholas make great foils for one another. 

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 02:37:04 AM »
Angelique  sure wasn't trying hard to find out what was happening. She was
just walking around Collinwood fretting.

Just think that if Angelique would have helped David earlier she might not have
had to worry about her hand.

Also she had such a hard time telling Nicholas that Barnabas was alive.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate