Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0525  (Read 1619 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0525
« on: April 21, 2008, 06:39:10 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0525
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 07:34:49 AM »
As Jeff talked to Joe after his dream, I had a sudden vision of all the 1968 characters being possessed by the 1795 characters, and living out their lives, while the people of Collinsport carefully avoided Collinwood like the plague.

Why did Nicholas go to the drawing room to work with Angelique's portrait?  The other night he did it in his room.  Never mind, it allowed us to witness a true miracle: Vicky keeping her mouth shut when she refused to allow Nicholas to play with the portrait.  No excuses - bravo, Vicky!

Roger's a jerk. "Call her Vicky - we all do."  It's up to Vicky to decide how she wishes to be addressed by Nicholas Blair.  This was a completely unnecessary line, which makes it interesting.  After Barnabas arrives, Roger pretty much turns into a nice (if clueless) guy, and it's pleasing to see him reverting to his original self.

I like the way Nicholas pronounced Victoria when he was summoning her - with an r that was more Spanish or Italian than English.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 01:54:47 PM »
It was nice to see Vicki still had a bit of smarts about her....she knows she can't trust Nicholas since he claims to be Cassandra's brother. And I think she also knows why he's really come to Collinwood...to try and bring his "sister" back. That's why she wouldn't let him have her portrait.

Of course, with or without the portrait, Nicholas is still going to use his powers to locate Cassandra anyway.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 09:41:17 AM »
It was great to watch Vicki refuse to give Nicholas the portrait! Bravo! [cheer] Nicholas was so conniving, though, he was able to figure out where Angelique was anyway. [ghost_sad] It was fun to watch Nicholas get just the right information out of Roger, and then put Vicki into a trance to lead him to the tree.  [ghost_grin] I love watching Nicholas when he does his incantations, with his hands up and that evil expression on his face! [ghost_cheesy]

As Vicki started to walk outside wearing her lovely nightgown, I wondered if she would hurt her feet as she walked outside in bare feet. [ghost_huh] If that were the case, she wouldn't realize it until she woke up again, and she would wonder what happened. [ghost_shocked] [spoiler]I was relieved when I saw something on her feet (slippers?) when she came back to Collinwood in the next episode, after Jeff found her.[/spoiler]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 05:42:04 PM »
As Jeff talked to Joe after his dream, I had a sudden vision of all the 1968 characters being possessed by the 1795 characters, and living out their lives, while the people of Collinsport carefully avoided Collinwood like the plague.

LOL

My god, while they were talking Jeff could NOT keep his hands out of his hair!  If anyone should suspect that fans are exaggerating when they say it's one of his frequent quirks, they need only watch this scene.

Roger's a jerk. "Call her Vicky - we all do."  It's up to Vicky to decide how she wishes to be addressed by Nicholas Blair.  This was a completely unnecessary line, which makes it interesting.  After Barnabas arrives, Roger pretty much turns into a nice (if clueless) guy, and it's pleasing to see him reverting to his original self.

Yes!  Roger may have mellowed, but the line seems to show that Roger (always the snob from old money) still sees Vicki as an employee whereas whereas his brother-in-law, from the way he is fawning over him, is practically a family relation.  And Liz is not there to point out that Vicki is actually much higher in the Colilns hierarchy, nor is she in her right mind to continue to push for the annulment.

But you wouldn't know based on Vicki's list of possessions-- a handful of dresses, some ugly shoes, and a [currently faded] antique painting?-- that she's far above servant status.

[spoiler]I was relieved when I saw something on her feet (slippers?) when she came back to Collinwood in the next episode, after Jeff found her.[/spoiler]

See shoe comment above.   [ghost_wink]

Regarding that supposedly old tree that Vicki showed Nicholas, this excerpt is from the Robservations for #386:

Angelique, after they've gone, sets a small tree aflame on a rock. It burns steadily, and soon, the tree to which Vicki was tied begins to burn, too.
and when they go to the tree, Vicki is gone, but the tree is now a charred, smoking stump!

Can you say 'plot hole'?

Just now, when I returned to the response window after using the Robservations link, my post-in-progress was replaced by a quote of Lydia's post.  I can only assume it's a feature of my newly upgraded Firefox, but I really didn't appreciate having to retype my whole reply.  [ghost_angry]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 06:34:56 PM »
midnite,

your assessment of vicki's worldly goods is truly hilarious...but you forgot to mention a trunk full of falls and green coats.oh,and the portrait of betty handscomb and that doll that ina o'donnell from the foundling home gave her.

i always liked this batch of episodes.when nicholas was summoning vicki and she was silhouetted coming down the stairs it was quite dramatic.at a time when the character was rather wishy-washy vicki was given some good material.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 06:49:01 PM »
Regarding that supposedly old tree that Vicki showed Nicholas, this excerpt is from the Robservations for #386:

Can you say 'plot hole'?

Ah, but you see, the roots were never burned, so the tree eventually came back. At least that's what I always tell myself.  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 10:45:40 PM »
your assessment of vicki's worldly goods is truly hilarious...but you forgot to mention a trunk full of falls and green coats.oh,and the portrait of betty handscomb and that doll that ina o'donnell from the foundling home gave her.

Thanks, mscbryk!  Oh that poor girl.  Though I must admit that I wouldn't mind owning that "red" plaid suitcase that Vicki brought from New York.

Ah, but you see, the roots were never burned, so the tree eventually came back. At least that's what I always tell myself.  [ghost_cheesy]

Heh heh, I like that explanation a lot.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 04:57:44 AM »
It does strike me as a trifle odd that Vicky would sleep with the portrait looking at her, considering that it resembles the woman who had her tried for witchcraft.  How freaky is that? It seems more likely she would do with it what that little boy in "Poltergeist" does with the creepy toy clown in his room - which is throw a blanket over it. 

I really liked the angle the camera took when Vicky was walking down the stairs to the door.  It showed how really nice a set the foyer is.