Author Topic: Missing the "Day View"  (Read 711 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Missing the "Day View"
« on: March 23, 2002, 05:34:39 AM »
Is there a way to see an entire day's posts?? I feel I'm missing stuff. . .and stuff is added to each post. . i can see that there are unread posts in each section. . is there a way to screen and see just what was posted on a particular day, like today?

Thanks doll(s)!

Julia99
Julia99

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Missing the "Day View"
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2002, 06:15:30 AM »
is there a way to screen and see just what was posted on a particular day, like today?

Sure, all you have to do is use the forum's search feature. Type something that's likely to appear in every post (like the letter "a") in the "Search for:" field. Select "Any user" from "By User:". Leave all of the boards and Subject and Message checked. Leave "Min Age since last post:" set to 0 hours/0 days. Type either 24 hours/0 days or 0 hours/1 days for "Max Age since last post:". Set "Display how many results?" to a number much larger than the default of 25 (for example, I just checked how many posts were made in the last 24 hours and the amount turned out to be 115, so you might want to set it to a number a little higher than that, and if the last post that shows up in your search wasn't made at least 24 hours before your search, then just up the search number and search again ). Click on the "Search" button, and all of the posts made on every board within the previous 24 hour period will come up, sorted from the most recent. If you want to read them in chronological order, wait until the entire search finishes, scroll to the bottom of the page, and read from the bottom up. [winkg]