Author Topic: Modified Topics.....  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Modified Topics.....
« on: February 23, 2003, 01:06:10 AM »
....don't seem to have the little "last modified at such-a-time by who-ever" sentence at the bottom of the post.

That certainly makes us all look a little less stupid, but I thought it was something that was supposed to appear.....?

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Modified Topics.....
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 02:15:28 AM »
I changed the setting so that modifications are hidden cuz I figured this version gave us all something to get used to.  I can put it back if you want. ;)

If you ever want to know if one of your posts has been modified, click Modify and the info (the last time [only] that an edit was saved for that message) is recorded there.

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 05:11:07 AM »
Speaking of modified topics, I just tried to fix one of my posts and received an error: Session check failure. Please try again.  This has happened several times in the last hour.  Any ideas as to why?

ProfStokes

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 03:56:04 PM »
Speaking of modified topics, I just tried to fix one of my posts and received an error: Session check failure. Please try again.  This has happened several times in the last hour.  Any ideas as to why?

Yes, but it probably had nothing to do with you trying to modify a topic. And the reason I say this is because last Thursday I caused myself to get that same error. :)

Around 10:29pm et/7:29pm pt last night I'm sure you noticed an error that said:

2: OpenDir: No such file or directory (errno 2)
(/home/virtual/site25/fst/var/www/html/yabbse/Sources/Subs.php ln 879)

Well, that was caused by me when I tried to install a mod that didn't quite work out (remember the warning not to be surprised by anything that might happen while we continue to tweak the forum's setup? ;)).

Anyway, I'll try not to get too technical while I explain this, but this version of YaBB is very different internally than the version we'd been using. You may have noticed at the bottom of each page there's a logo for MySQL? That's because all the forum's important info (messages, member info, etc.) is now stored in a MySQL database. When you login/visit the forum you begin a session with the database. However, if an error (something like the one I caused) occurrs while you're in the middle of trying to do something, it can sometimes disrupt your session. So, the best thing to do whenever someone receives the "Session check failure. Please try again" error is to close your browser and then come back to the forum because that should clear the error. :)

Connie

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2003, 09:20:16 AM »
... last Thursday I caused myself to get that same error. :)

Around 10:29pm et/7:29pm pt last night I'm sure you noticed an error that said:
2: OpenDir: No such file or directory (errno 2)
(/home/virtual/site25/fst/var/www/html/yabbse/Sources/Subs.php ln 879)

Well, that was caused by me when I tried to install a mod that didn't quite work out...

Anyway, I'll try not to get too technical while I explain this, but...

To put it even more simply.... Around 99% of the time, when you encounter weird errors, you can bet your butt that MB is on here messing around with the board.

"Deez eez stupeed message!"   :P

;D

- Last modified by: MAGDA - 2/24/03, 3:20 am

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2003, 08:04:32 PM »
"Deez eez stupeed message!"

Har!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!