Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0879  (Read 993 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0879
« on: November 06, 2009, 12:43:52 AM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0879
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 12:03:06 AM »
The Trasks are making plans that don't include a lengthy marriage it seems.  Tim reports to Judith and reveals he killed Minerva and that Trask had been romancing a widow who expected to marry him and is now dead by her own hand.
Meanwhile Greg has given Aristede a gun and  a plot to murder Judith.  I find Tim and Judith and interesting pair. It is too bad that an older woman and younger man was still not done on the 1960's serials.  Greg's plot fails due to Blackwood and Aristede jumping to the ground floor.  Judith realizes she was getting the Minerva treatment and continues with her plan which involves Q's room being emptied.   Greg awakes and realizes he is a prisoner in Q's room and Tim is working with his present wife to make him a prisoner.  "Do you think I'm mad?"  and Tim's answer, "No."  Great exchange of lines.   I also liked Judith telling Greg she was glad he  liked Collinwood and that he would have lot's of time to meditate.  
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 06:43:04 AM »
Am I mistaken in this or was Quentin's room hidden behind a wooden wall when David and Amy found it, not a brick one?

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 09:59:45 PM »
I believe that the answer is forthcoming . [spoiler] I believe that Judith asks Tim to remove it and build the wall we see in 1969. I remember thinking that it seemed odd to go to all this trouble, but then maybe she was afraid he'd break down a wooden wall[/spoiler]
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 11:59:40 PM »
This is one of the most enjoyable episodes of the whole series.

I find Tim and Judith and interesting pair. It is too bad that an older woman and younger man was still not done on the 1960's serials.
Tim gave Judith a very lovely smile before they carried Trask to Quentin's room, and I hope it was an indicator of things to come.  I think it was uncharacteristically kind of Evan to get himself murdered; otherwise Judith might not have hooked up with Tim.

How was Judith planning to get Trask to drink the drugged brandy if there hadn't been the upsetting business of the attempted attack?  Maybe he drank it every night, with the same comment about making sure it didn't become a habit.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 04:45:56 AM »
So now another Trask gets bricked in. I guess walling in a Trask runs in the family. Barnabas would be so proud of Judith. [hall2_wink]

Though this Trask had a lot more room to move around in, unlike his predecessor, who hands were tied and practically smooshed into an alcove.

Now that Tim has gotten his revenge, what next? He once told Jamison he intended to leave town once he settled his affairs. Now that he's done that...where does he go from here? I wonder if he ever thought about looking for Amanda, since he claimed to care about her so much.

Judith has finally rid herself and her family of the wretched Trask. It's great to see the old Judith back in full force since she came back.

Aristede still has Blackwood on his tail. Now that Trask is no longer available to help him, he's all alone. If it wasn't for all the sadistic stunts he's pulled, I could almost pity him. But alas... [hall2_tongue]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 07:39:54 AM »
I don't recall what happens next, but I do think that Trask is leading Aristede on here. Ya think?

"Hide behind the drapes", Trask orders Aristede. Personally, I think I would know if someone were in my home, whether he was behind my drapes or not. But that's just me.

I so take Quentin's viewpoint of Trask. And I can't wait to see what Quentin thinks of his sister moving his stuff from his room.

Loudest set of chains I've ever heard.

Oh, and the close-ups of the actor's faces. My God, Jim! (That's my Dr. McCoy impersonation, BTW.)

Crime after crime... Wasn't that a Cyndi Lauper song? Oh, pardon me. That was Time after Time.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.