Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0870  (Read 2123 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0870
« on: October 23, 2009, 11:31:42 PM »

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
Re: Episode #0870
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 04:02:37 PM »
... that he was coming out with a book entitled: "101 Ways For a Supernatural Creature to Trick His Descendants Into Letting Him Live on Their Estate For Free".

Exactly! Each subsequent generation had to hear his sad story about his ancestor. These poor saps got it twice!! What a sweet deal for Barny... unless of course gypsies had moved into the old house...
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 07:24:13 PM »
(You have to give Barn credit, RQ... he always gets away with it!   The 2nd time in 1897 places him amongst the gods of BS!)

[candle_in_skull_2] [candle_in_skull_2] [candle_in_skull_2]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 09:59:24 PM »
Not to mention he also pulled it off in 1970 Parallel Time and 1840...

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 10:53:55 PM »
Not to mention he also pulled it off in 1970 Parallel Time and 1840...

So that's five times total... Truly the BS king of DS!!

Bramwell coulda never pulled it off with that hair of his!! Ha! [8_1_209]
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0870
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 11:58:25 PM »
Did Barnabas use the cousin from England ploy in 1970PT?  [hall2_undecided]  I remember him saying he was descended from one of Barnabas' sons who went to Peru, but I don't recall England ever being mentioned.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 02:46:59 AM »
Charity declares that Barnabas is not the vampire and Quentin grudgingly accepts the word of the lunatic he created.
Judith is revealed to be the picture purchaser.  I love her lines, " people have been underestimating me all my life," and, "I'm thinking of hanging it in the master bedroom." 
Kitty comes in sensing something and Barnabas's picture glows and heartbeats are heard.  Is the  new  Barnabas controlling this?
Edward announces he is to marry Kitty and Barnabas is stunned.  Anyone who looks like Josette can't be interested in someone else! Kitty comes to Barnabas and admits she is Josette.  Who will win Kitty/Josette and will Kitty be the victim of her own real self? It would be interesting if she married Edward and then Kitty was totally gone.  What if Barnabas fell in love with Kitty? 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 03:07:02 AM »
Did Barnabas use the cousin from England ploy in 1970PT?  [hall2_undecided]  I remember him saying he was descended from one of Barnabas' sons who went to Peru, but I don't recall England ever being mentioned.

The idea was, Barnabas can manage to worm his way onto the estate somehow, in any era, in any existence, no matter how far-fetched the story!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 03:21:56 AM »
True. And I wasn't questioning that. I was trying to point out that, unlike every other instance, at least he actually used a different story in 1970PT. That earns points for creativity. The cousin from England ploy, on the other hand, got more than a bit old.  [hall2_wink]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 03:55:36 AM »
You're right, MB. He did use a different 'distant cousin from so-and-so' in 1970PT. I had forgotten that he had replaced England with Peru.

But yes, the distant cousin from London ploy did get stale. If he really wanted to be creative...how about him posing as the cousin from China? [hall2_wink]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 03:54:33 PM »
...he actually used a different story in 1970PT. That earns points for creativity.

Exactly.   And in 1897 when story #1 fell apart, the old cousin from England thing, he had the cajones to try a story #2, and it worked!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 12:26:27 AM »
Edward and Kitty each think the other have money, the only reason these two have hooked up--what a sham of an engagement this is!

Hmm...don't think I noticed this when I watched....maybe I just forgot.

Yes, I too love that Quentin has 'allies' in Angelique & Barnabas.

Good stuff, with the exception of playing 'Josette' ad naseum.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 06:15:20 PM »
I don't think Edward is marrying Kitty entirely for money.  I think that, though he's not in love with her, he does care for her.  Judith has once again taken over the reins of Collinwood, so Trask is no longer the threat that he was, even though it hasn't been demonstrated to Edward yet that Judith is no longer fooled by Trask.  I think if Edward didn't care about Kitty, he wouldn't have been so ready to propose today.  He thinks he's getting a two-fer: a charming woman and a lot of money.  Of course, when he finds out that Kitty doesn't have a lot of money, he may find her a lot less charming, but Kitty is clever enough so that I think somehow she'll manage to pass that hurdle without ruining her marriage.  I daresay for a while there will be a story about the not being able to get the money out of England, and by the time that story grows old, Kitty will have found a way to make the marriage work anyway.

Speaking of stories growing old...why shouldn't Barnabas use the same old story again and again?  It works!

I felt almost as though I had seen dinner at Collinwood tonight.  It was very clear in my mind: candles and crystal and white linen and mahogany, and everybody being effusively polite.  But where were the Trasks?  It's a good thing they weren't there; each of them would, in different ways, have damaged the tone of the occasion.  But where were they?

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 02:59:43 AM »
Perhaps, Judith planned for dinner in the master bedroom so they could admire Amanda's portrait together.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0870 / was: Re:Robservations 3/31/03 - Engagement; Petofi...
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 08:25:06 AM »
Haven't seen these eps in quite some time, but since've recently aquired some DVDs, I thought I'd watch the tapes and post.
The first thing that came to mind in these eps was how much I would love to run my fingers through Selby's hair. Gadzooks, what hair!

The next thing that came to mind was the horrible dialogue betwix Barnabas and anybody. I realize Old Man Frid was consummed in fan adoration, but he goes overboard missing his lines here.
Quentin is always Quentin, with his eyebrow arched and once again, they are playing the Josette thing to death - which I hate.
Well, at least it's in Living Color.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.