Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0066  (Read 255 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0066
« on: March 09, 2023, 07:22:12 PM »
Robservations #66

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0066

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 05:37:01 PM »
     Roger says he will talk to Burke alone and then goes on to say he has nothing to add about the trial and Bill’s demise.
     In a total change of pace, Vickie is writing a letter to herself. She reveals to Elizabeth she started writing them a a lonely child in the foundling home. Elizabeth looks distressed when Vickie says nothing much happened to her until she came to Collinwood. She still wants to find her parents. Elizabeth says, “ Isn't it enough, to know that you are here now?” Vickie misses what Elizabeth has implied.
     Downstairs, Roger says he was home later than he was and gets Vickie to back him up. Burke is furious that his plan didn’t work. Does all this drama over a few minutes really matter? There would have to be some witnesses or evidence to back it up. Even if Bill was pushed, anyone could have done it. Burke implies that he will be back to take over the great house.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline McTrooper

• NEW ASCENDANT
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
    • Fan Made Lego Comics - Clay and Dona
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 05:24:19 PM »
I wonder if the issue of time was written just for drama or writing with the idea that the Sheriff Patterson character was attempting to gage people’s reaction as well as being written for drama? 

It’s really hard for me to decide which. 

I sort of think as the letter writing as almost a journal or diary, but she is writing to parents that she doesn’t even know are alive.  I can understand how that detail can cause different opinions or reactions. 

I’ve never been an orphan, but I do know what it is too feel lost and adrift in the world even with great parents and a good family.  So I guess I can relate. 

I’m not sure if it’s called this, but Vicky is almost like an audience point of view character.  She’s the main window we see things through because she’s a newcomer.  But it’s too bad we didn’t see more character development with her.

It’s weird for me to realize I like the character, but really don’t have much character to like.  If that makes sense at all. 
Barnabas: Your hair smells like mint today.
Julia: Yeah, I gargled today.
Barnabas: Huh???!!!!