Author Topic: "Return to Collinwood--Collecting Dark Shadows!"  (Read 2360 times)

Connie

Re: "Return to Collinwood--Collecting Dark Shadows!"
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2002, 04:21:28 PM »
If worse comes to worst and you can't find it, please let me know and I'll pick one up for you.

Aw...thanks Midnite.  That's really nice of you but it's too much trouble.  If the local Border's doesn't have it I'll just order it online like Bette said.  Thanks everybody for all the info on where you got it.  I'm especially looking forward to next month's issue where he talks about getting David Selby's autograph in 1976!
[thumb]

love
CLC

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2002, 07:20:34 PM »
NOW! Check it out! Pam Anderson is on the cover,

I finally found it!  My problem was that Iwas looking for a picture of IAN Anderson on the cover!  {no doubt about it, I gotta get a new hat} Nice job Rod!

cheers,
Ringo
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2002, 12:45:25 AM »
I found my copy at Border's but it was quite by accident.
Where the clerk told me it should be, it wasn't.  After scanning the racks once more before I left, there was Pamela Anderson staring at me in the photography magazine section.
Great article, Rod. Handsome pix of HAA and Dennis Patrick;sweet reply by KLS to your sister. Looking forward to next month's issue.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Connie

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2002, 11:22:05 AM »
I finally found it!  My problem was that Iwas looking for a picture of IAN Anderson on the cover!  

ROFL.  Now WHY am I finding this so funny?  Damned if I know!
Ya know what Ringo?  You are totally....I dunno....NUTS.

-CLC

PS  Ya know, last month my husband went to a local Jethro Tull concert and never even invited me.
"I didn't think you'd be interested."   (Yeah...okay)
Actually I WASN'T interested, but that's beside the point.

Connie

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2002, 11:33:30 AM »
Ya know...now that I think about it....
What in hell IS this crap???
I labor to make a warm and loving home for him (sure), I bear him 3 beautiful children (well, at least he THINKS they're his), and this is the thanks I get???

-CLC
Taken for granted

[uzi]

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2002, 07:45:09 PM »
Ya know...now that I think about it....
What in hell IS this crap???
I labor to make a warm and loving home for him (sure), I bear him 3 beautiful children (well, at least he THINKS they're his), and this is the thanks I get???

-CLC
Taken for granted

[uzi]

I can really relate to this!  At my husband's class reunion, I got stuck at the "forgotten spouse " table.  After the reunion, my husband said "Why didn't you tell me you wanted to dance?"  This is the same reunion that Fred Sneider(sp) of the B52's was there.  My husband didn't even introduce me.  After 21 years of marriage, he is just as lovable but still clueless after all these years.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2002, 08:01:31 PM »

I can really relate to this!  At my husband's class reunion, I got stuck at the "forgotten spouse " table.  After the reunion, my husband said "Why didn't you tell me you wanted to dance?"  This is the same reunion that Fred Sneider(sp) of the B52's was there.  My husband didn't even introduce me.  After 21 years of marriage, he is just as lovable but still clueless after all these years.

I guess we're all in the same boat. After 27 years of marriage, I've learned to position myself next to the shrimp bowl and the bar.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Nancy

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2002, 08:55:05 PM »

This is exactly why I do not bring boyfriends with me to class reunion-type affairs or conventions, and I don't go with him to events that are similar in nature.        [lghy]   I have a couple of friends who never go with their husbands to reunions for the same reason.  He can take a picture with him if he wants to show off the girlfriend or the wife without putting her through the agony of unrelenting boredom.:)

Nancy

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2002, 09:53:54 PM »
My husband grew up one town away from me....but we never met until college.

I took him to my 10th H.S. reunion and he knew more of my classmates than I ever did.

I didn't take him to the 20th. [smrtasy]

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2002, 09:58:31 PM »

my husband went to a local Jethro Tull concert and never even invited me.
[.

HEY!  I was serious, Mr. Ripley!  I was actually looking for an Ian Anderson photo on the cover - guess that shows where my true priorities lie...... but if had been LONI Anderson, that coulda been different. [evily]

but RE: Tull shows, that band is still one of the most interesting 'dinosaur' acts still making great records and doing great shows.  I was at a Residents show last week and that was the most bizzare nite at a rock show venue in many decades [and I have seen Yoko in concert!]  - while I'm on that line, the California Guitar Trio are here [Atlanta] on friday, and if you are close to JERKTOWN, or the CGT is playing in your homeburg, GO!  They are the best thing going, right now. [till Crimson tours again.... or Paul goes out again, next spring - hint hint]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!